Benefits of Wilderness Lodge?

disney is my life

DIS Veteran
So it looks like if disney has free dining that it would be only about $500 more than AoA little mermaid rooms since they arent usually discounted. So it looks like we might be able to swing our first deluxe hotel stay!So other than the closeness to magic kingdom what are some other benefits of the wilderness lodge?

So it looks like if disney has the regular room discount (30% off deluxe) that it would be only about $200 more than AoA little mermaid rooms since they arent usually discounted. So it looks like we might be able to swing our first deluxe hotel stay!So other than the closeness to magic kingdom what are some other benefits of the wilderness lodge?

Well, the WL is our absolute favorite, so I might be biased but:

1) You already mentioned the closeness to MK. You can boat or bus. Boat ride is really pretty and relaxing, but bus is MUCH faster. :thumbsup2

2) The WL is sooooooo serene and relaxing. It's like a vacation within a vacation. I walk into that lobby and feel instantly relaxed.

3) WL has great proximity to the monorail resorts. You just take the boat to CR and hop on from there.

4) You can watch the EWP from the pool area or beach at WL

5) Depending on the type of room you book, you could end up with a view of the castle and Wishes!!

6) You have great eating options there as well as child are on site

I really can't say enough about it. WL is awesome! :lovestruc

So it looks like if disney has the regular room discount (30% off deluxe) that it would be only about $200 more than AoA little mermaid rooms since they arent usually discounted. So it looks like we might be able to swing our first deluxe hotel stay!So other than the closeness to magic kingdom what are some other benefits of the wilderness lodge?

The WL is an awesome resort as it's not only convenient to MK, but it's a quick boat ride to the CR for some great dining and shopping options, where you can also hop on the monorail to visit the Poly and GF. The WL atmosphere is relaxing, the pool is great, and Roaring Forks is great for quick CS meals and snacks. The lobby is also a great place to sit and relax while taking in the beautiful surroundings. We have stayed at the WL twice and it remains one of our favorites :goodvibes.

If you have kids they have a kids club. Nice to get a quiet meal to yourselves at least once on vacation. I used it once because my son really wanted to go. I just relaxed in the lodge. Very peaceful.

I love the WL too! It is very relaxing. I love the view of the lake and trees. The last few times I've been there has been in January and love sitting in the rocking chairs in the lobby in front of the fire and rocking away. Love looking at all the little details in the fireplace and the carvings in the poles. Go up to the 2nd level there are some nice seating areas there too and you can get a better view of the carvings.

One of our favorites!! Love the WL .. It doesn't feel like Florida.. The the themeing is amazing

Beautiful theme. Small but nice pool. All under one roof. Good CS Roaring Forks. Good cast members

We loved it

The Lodge is still mine and dh's favorite. When we had no little kids with us we would spend time biking or roller blading. Love the area and it is such a relaxing place. We still make it a point to stop in every time we go to Disney. I esp love the lobby at Christmas time. It is amazing!

1) You already mentioned the closeness to MK. You can boat or bus. Boat ride is really pretty and relaxing, but bus is MUCH faster. :thumbsup2

2) The WL is sooooooo serene and relaxing. It's like a vacation within a vacation. I walk into that lobby and feel instantly relaxed.

3) WL has great proximity to the monorail resorts. You just take the boat to CR and hop on from there.

5) Depending on the type of room you book, you could end up with a view of the castle and Wishes!!

Don't forget about baby ducks in the pool in the early AM. My children loved going to roaring forks for quick breakfast meal and eating just outside the rear door watching the ducklings swim in the pool.

1. balconies
2. sandy beach
3. campfire on the beach
4. boats, bikes and surreys to rent
5. nature trail, walking path to Fort Wilderness
6. boat to Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary
7. direct boat to MK
8. 5 minutes to MK on the bus
9. pool with a slide, a second pool with bubbling springs (I love the Hidden Springs pool)
10. a geyser that goes off every hour
11. two hot tubs
12. Trout Bar at the pool, Territory Lounge with cheese fondue, and three restaurants
13. free crafts for kids in the afternoon
14. babysitting in the evening
15. queen size beds
16. great CM's - everyone CM I met seemed to love the WL :)
17. free architectural tour
18. a chance to be flag family of the day and raise the flag over the lodge in the morning
18. hidden seating areas, fireplaces, outdoor patios, a gorgeous lobby with a stream and bridge in it - kids love the little bridge

This is a really nice place to stay. :)

There really is no comparison. Go for it. Just realize, there is no turning back. It will be really tough to go back to values, after enjoying a deluxe resort. WL is one of my favorites. It is simply awesome.

The gorgeous boat ride to/from the MK

Being so close to the Poly for the self-serve dole whip

Watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the hot tub :love:

The geyser

Whispering Canyon Cafe

The GORGEOUS decor

Lovely walking paths and beach

We have visited and ate at WL on previous trips and thought it was beautiful. September will be the first time we will be staying at the resort. So nice to read all the great comments!

just commenting as we love the WL.

Someone has already mentioned the restaurants, but I wanted to point out (especially for those with dining plans) that WL has all three types of restaurants all within one roof. A quick service, a table service restaurant, and a signature restaurant. They also have food at the pool. This provides a wide array of choices. :thumbsup2

Also, while there is a boat to the CR as others have expressed, some forget that there is also a boat and walking trail to Fort Wilderness. This comes in handy to go see the animals or do Hoopdedoo.

Probably my favorite thing though is just the sheer beauty of the place. Leaving MK near dusk and arriving at the boat launch at WL is one of the most picture perfect moments I have ever had at the world. :worship:

Well that and the couch in Terrritory Lounge..:lmao:

We have visited and ate at WL on previous trips and thought it was beautiful. September will be the first time we will be staying at the resort. So nice to read all the great comments!

Tip- There is a deck up one floor from the lobby where you can get a good view of the pool and lake. Go up there near dark and watch the electrical water pagaent. The sound is piped in. There are benches. Kind of quiet, romantic way to end the night. If you drink, have Territory lounge fix you a drink to take up there. It's the little things. :thumbsup2

My favorite resort.

I really like the boat ride.

The lobby is amazing, but don't forget to explore the rest of the resort.

We had a great view of the castle and were able to watch the fireworks from our room.

Despite the cost we loved eating at Artist Point.

Don't forget to see the geyser, a little cheesy but still fun to watch. Love Wilderness Lodge :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter