Being The CEO

1-Reduce the number of "Princess" based things and do something for the boys
2-Open up a "tween" place somewhere so those too old for baby-sitting clubs could still have safe place so parents could get some "alone" time
3- Bring back the MAGIC shop
4- Bring back the Penny Arcade
5- Bring back 20,0000 Leagues

My number one priority would be transportation. The reason for that is three-fold:

1. People don't like to go on vacation to "wait" for their fun.

2. By decreasing the amount of "wait time" for the guest, you increase the amount of "spending time" they have.

3. Over the long run it would be a money saver.

The transportation solutions would be relatively simple, with the goal being to move resort guests around the property in a more efficient manner. This system would greatly reduce the number of busses in use while increasing the use of more "eco-friendly" and cost effective fuel sources.

As other posters have mentioned the expansion of the Monorail would be a common goal for most of us, but I would only expand it as far as the BWI/BC area. To do this with the least amount of cost I would have the current EPCOT station become just a stop along the way, but it would stop there twice. Once as it travels from the current TTC on the way to the "to be built" station (TBB). It would stop at EPCOT again when it leaves the TBB on it's return trip to the TTC.

There would still only be two monorail loops, but the current EPCOT loop would just be extended to the TBB. To do that in the most inexpensive (and timely) manner I would have the monorail take a gradual descent to ground level for the short trip to the TBB, thus requiring fewer posts for an elevated rail.

From this TBB station I would create two loops of "light rail" that would have the following destinations:

Loop 1 would stop at AK, Blizzard Beach, AKL, CS and the AS resorts (not in that particular order).

Loop 2 would stop at DHS, POP, CBR, Typhoon Lagoon, and the DTD resorts.

There wouldn't be a stop at DTD itself because that would create a problem with "day guests" wanting to park there and use the night rail as their main point of access. There COULD be a stop there if a station could be built that would require a resort key for access to it. I'll work that out as we go along.

Additionally, I would create one other light rail loop from FW and WL to the TTC (or maybe MK...depending on the budget that the Board approves...lol).

The light rail stops at the Parks would be at new points of entry, not the current entry gates. This further reinforces that this is a system geared toward guests staying on property and making their commutes as easy as possible.

The current bus system would still exist, but in a scaled down version.

the pillars with all the tiny laser engraved pictures that people paid to have taken and put up there... they look like headstones

:lmao: I've never called it that - but those things remind me of highway concrete pillars that the DOT uses. Not so flattering or nice to see as you enter EPCOT :( But I have to say that I like the cobblestone things around MK. At least you don't have to notice those if you don't want to.

I give anybody who thinks that they could be CEO two hours. It would probably one of the worst jobs I could think of to have. Most of your ideas would be shot down before there given any real attention by anyone. Also you can't bring back rides that have been closed. Most of them were closed because of a lack of popularity. And others because of changing sponsers. Like If you could fly is gone because of no sponser. And the original JII was changed because of the sponsers. And there is lots of others also. Also most of the ideas mentioned here are impractical. And to whoever mentioned it River Country can't come back unless the whole area was changed and they got a new water source. The whole reason the park was shut down is because of the water potentially not being safe to be swimming in.

I give anybody who thinks that they could be CEO two hours. It would probably one of the worst jobs I could think of to have. Most of your ideas would be shot down before there given any real attention by anyone.

Wow, that's a negative opinion. I, for one, think that I can achieve anything that I dream to do. I'm sorry you don't feel the same about yourself :sad1:

Wow, that's a negative opinion. I, for one, think that I can achieve anything that I dream to do. I'm sorry you don't feel the same about yourself :sad1:

Being CEO is a chaotic job. There isn't anything easy about it. And no not most people would ever be able to achieve it. Most would give up when they realize they don't have Carte Blanche to build or bring back whatever they want.

Being CEO is a chaotic job. There isn't anything easy about it. And no not most people would ever be able to achieve it. Most would give up when they realize they don't have Carte Blanche to build or bring back whatever they want.

I don't recall anyone saying that the job was easy or that they would have carte blanche. I'm just disappointed that you want to turn a thread that is purely hypothetical into a negative commentary about people who have shared their ideas about things they would change IF they were CEO.

That's akin to you standing behind Santa Claus and every time a child asks for a Pony you say, "you could never care for it, you wouldn't clean up after it and your local zoning ordinance doesn't allow livestock". It's fun to dream a little and you, being a Disney fan, should understand that. :cloud9:

Besides, I think my ideas are great :rolleyes1

I give anybody who thinks that they could be CEO two hours. It would probably one of the worst jobs I could think of to have. Most of your ideas would be shot down before there given any real attention by anyone.

Oooooh, I disagee, I think CEO would be the best job ever (until the board came in and pried my hands off the desk and dragged me kicking and screaming out of the building).

Here's what I'd do...

Disney Dining
  • I'd reverse the trend towards homogenize restaurants. I understand it's more efficient, but some of my favorite restaurants are starting to look and feel like all the others.

Transportation
  • Yep, I heard the PP as to why a monorail expansion would be problematic, and I understand. But heck, I'm CEO of a 600 billion dollar company, if I want it done, it's going to be done. Besides, it will cost the company less then some of the executive severence packages it has had to pay out.

Maintenance
  • It's generally gotten much better than it was back in 2000 (which I thought was the all time low), but I am still (from time to time) disappointed to find the odd attraction or by-way in need of tender loving care to the point where it sticks out.

College Program
  • I'd build more residence space and bring in more college students -- they're great! Wish I had done it. Besides, the labor has to come from somewhere.

Magic Kingdom
  • You know I'd live in that castle -- oh yes you do!
  • I'd put in a new e-ticket attraction to replace 20,000 leagues.
  • I'd have a Main Street digi-cam viewable on the web while the park was open
  • MK needs another upscale table service restaurant
  • The stage in Tomorowland is under utilized -- come guys, let's put on a show!

EPCOT
  • yeah, it's been said, but the graveyard is an eyesore--somebody fire that guy
  • We need to bring back the original Journey Into Imagination -- and the old pre ride show (Takin' Pictures Is Makin' Memories)
  • I'd take the pavilion next between Energy and Test Track (old Horizons, was it?) and turn it into a Genetics/Human Development exhibit (tap Johnson & Johnson for the dough)
  • I'd add Russia, India, Brazil and Australia to the World Showcase
  • More shows at the American Gardens Theatre
  • The American Adventure needs a refresh--not the show, the rest of the place

Disney's Hollywood Studios (Ha--got the name right)
  • The tour of Walt's life needs to be made...well...more magical.
  • The Great Movie Ride really, really, really needs sprucing up. Really.

Animal Kingdom
  • Just one more e-ticket ride--maybe between the Oasis and Camp Minnie-Mickey

5th Gate
  • A high-tech action and adventure park--thrill rides and attractions

Oh, and did I mention I'd live in the castle?

I would get rid of the snow white ride and I would stop the insanity with the new "holiday" pricing for dining. I would also go back to making the DDP to include appetizers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter