Beginning of December or January?

chekhovgirl

DIS Veteran
We're planning an adult only trip, for crowds and overall enjoyment, which dates would be better? I hear that December is not as "slow" anymore...

December 4 - 13, 2020

or January 8 - 17, 2021

Not sure yet if we're going to rent DVC for the first time and stay on property or stay at WBC like usual, but would also like to take into account easier DVC rental time.

Thanks!

The beginning of December is definitely a busy time for DVC rentals. You will want to find someone to rent you points right at the 11 month mark if you decide to go in December. I've been there at both times of the year but the kids were much younger when we went during those times. I think you run into Martin Luther weekend at the end of the January trip and if I recall correctly, the parks started to get a little busier the closer to that weekend.

Although DVC bookings are busy - extremely busy actually - park wise - it’s pretty good!

I’d opt for December because the holiday decorations are wonderful. The MLK weekend (beginning with the preceding Thursday) can be quite busy.

If you’re planning to rent a DVC studio, you’ll need to pick the resort you want and line up an owner early so that the owner can book at 11 months no matter when you go. Not only are the first two weeks of December the most popular time of year for DVC, January 8, 2021 will probably be the start of the WDW Marathon Weekend, and studios book up very quickly for that too. The Marathon doesn’t fill up the parks, but it does fill up DVC studios!

I agree that I’d do December for the holiday decor, it’s pretty fantastic. I’d skip trying to book DVC based on what others said and book direct or offsite.

Your January trip will fall during Disney Marathon weekend. Neither time will be easy to book with DVC unless you have someone in your pocket to make the reservation right at 11 months out.

Thanks, all! I am going to get quotes for WBC and see what the difference is. I have only been to Disney once in December and the decorations are really nice! Seems like difference in crowds won't be too much.

Thanks, all! I am going to get quotes for WBC and see what the difference is. I have only been to Disney once in December and the decorations are really nice! Seems like difference in crowds won't be too much.

The Christmas decorations are really nice, BUT, we went in February one year and really liked it. It was a treat to see the world without any decorations or festivals. I kind of like it better that way. If you have seen the decorations before, you might like to try it without and see the "bare" parks as they used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter