Before you spend your kohls 30% 20% 15% off code, read this

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
this morning at kohls, the checker told the lady in front of me that there are now over TWO HUNDRED brands that the percent off codes won't work for at kohls. TWO HUNDRED!!!

The lady in front of me had a 30% off code but it only worked on two of her items. The lady said the coupon didnt specify that and the checker said you have to look online to see the whole list.

I remember when it used to be just NIKE and Levi that wouldnt let you use the kohls % off. Now over 200 brands including Colombia, American Girl, Converse, Dyson, Under Armour, Adidas, Spaulding, tons of sporting brands, electronics etc.

Just go online and read the list BEFORE you shop so you dont get surprised like this lady did!!

I am not saying anything bad about kohls! I shop there! a lot! I'm just saying take a look at the new, updated list and avoid an unpleasant surprise especially if you shop in the store in person.

Last edited:
I primarily shop Kohls online and they make it well known what brands the % off can't be used on. But, as of this time, you are allowed to use your Kohl's cash on those brands, so it can still be a good savings to shop there. And it's not Kohl's that sets those rules, but the brands themselves. Nike and Levi won't allow Kohl's to discount their merchandise. Many other stores have those stipulations on their coupons, like Macy's for example.

I know I could probably find a good deal there if I tried, but I have felt burned by Kohls so many time that I just refuse to go back.

It is the various brands that refuse to allow their products to be discounted. Kohls has no choice but to follow the rules set down by manufacturers.
It's like trying to use a coupon at Macy's.

I adore Kohls....the best return policy in the world, they let you stack coupons and discounts... whenever I shop there, I really feel almost like I'm taking advantage of them because it's never without multiple discounts!

I adore Kohls....the best return policy in the world, they let you stack coupons and discounts... whenever I shop there, I really feel almost like I'm taking advantage of them because it's never without multiple discounts!
Kohl's has the worst return policy in my opinion. I primarily shop online and God forbid I earn some of their Kohls cash and something doesn't fit right they take $10 of real money away from my refund. I understand there were so many dishonest people out there that screwed it up by buying and returning items for the sole purpose of getting free called cash but it's not fair to honest buyers. I no longer buy anything from kohls unless I am 100% sure it won't need to be returned. (This includes christmas/birthday gifts)

"consumable" are excluded, or they were the last time I checked. Used to get my Kcups at Kohls, but can't anymore

Kohl's has the worst return policy in my opinion. I primarily shop online and God forbid I earn some of their Kohls cash and something doesn't fit right they take $10 of real money away from my refund. I understand there were so many dishonest people out there that screwed it up by buying and returning items for the sole purpose of getting free called cash but it's not fair to honest buyers. I no longer buy anything from kohls unless I am 100% sure it won't need to be returned. (This includes christmas/birthday gifts)

Yes, they do deduct kohls cash if youve spent it already, I guess I was thinking how there is no time limit for a return.

Yes, they do deduct kohls cash if youve spent it already, I guess I was thinking how there is no time limit for a return.
You're absolutely right on the time limit. Problem is Kohls cash always expires before I get my items in the mail so I have to spend it before it to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter