Before I buy BLT

rcmsfeb04

Mouseketeer
I am about to buy about 200 points for BLT. These points will be used in Feb or April every year.

Will I have any trouble booking late Feb days 11 months out? I am getting nervous about the purchase. What if I sink all this money into these points and I can't take my kids to Disney during school vacation because of availability.

I am going crazy or is it possible that there could be no avail at ANY resort 11 to 7 months out.

Thanks in advance!

There are no guarantees. I would think that at 11 months out you should get something if you don't care which view that you get.

I would spend a few days reading various posts to get a real good idea of the positives and negatives of DVC ownership.

I am about to buy about 200 points for BLT. These points will be used in Feb or April every year.

Will I have any trouble booking late Feb days 11 months out? I am getting nervous about the purchase. What if I sink all this money into these points and I can't take my kids to Disney during school vacation because of availability.

I am going crazy or is it possible that there could be no avail at ANY resort 11 to 7 months out.

Thanks in advance!

I think that your chances at the 11 month mark should be very good, if you are okay with not always getting a MK view. Remember, while some states have their winter breaks in February, not all do so.

On a side note, just make sure you consider getting a UY that will allow you to bank points if you had to cancel your vacations. With February vacations, you probably want to have a December or October UY.

I am sure that your guide has already told you that, but just in case, it is an important piece...I bought a resale contract thinking it was not that big of a deal and now I am realizing that it puts me into borrowing scenerios most years and wish I had been more careful when I bought!

Good luck and happy planning!

Like the other OP stated...you should have little trouble getting a room at BLT at the 11 month mark, just be sure to call that morning as it never hurts being an early caller either! :)

Also always remember that you will always be able to stay at another on property DVC (SSR and OKW are usually always good to try for) at the 7 month mark. Always book something at Home though during your home booking advantage...you can always make a switch at 7 months.

Got for it! You will be able to stay somewhere (SSR most likely) if you for some reason don't get BLT the first year or two that it's open.

I doubt you'll have too much trouble at 11 months. It might be a bit more difficult at 9 or 8 months and very likely will be hard to get what you want at 7 months out or less. That's why they say "Buy where you want to stay":goodvibes

I am a teacher so I am locked into peak weeks during the school year or the summer. I have never had a problem booking at the 11th month window. I call on the first day available. I've booked studios as well as 2 BRs. Not sure about larger rooms.

Best advice already said: Buy where you want to stay. This way, you will practically be guaranteed a place to stay and can always switch to another at the 7th month window. It has always worked for us and we have a Feb. use year. The great part of this is that our points become available right before we use them so we don't have to borrow as our stay is always after Feb. 1.

Thanks in advance!

unless you are talking about Easter or Palm weeks - then you should be fine.

those weeks if you need to book them - definitely go for them at 11 months exactly and at 9 am eastern standard time.

other times you should be able to get no problems - especially at 11 months out. 7 months out you might have problems.

Spring and Summer break are almost the more expensive time at WDW so really less demand than say - Thankgiving or parts of Dec.

now if you kids get off in dec - before 24 - then again you need to book at exactly the 11 month time. Dec is hard to get period.

good luck and unless your spring break is at Easter or Palm week you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter