Beer/Wine ?? to bring or not to bring??

Your stateroom host will bring you a corkscrew. They will also bring you glasses. You can take a glass of wine into the dining rooms when you go to dinner.

We've taken our own alcohol on board without issue. We just sailed in Sept and took a soft sided cooler with cans of beer. We rolled is on as a carry on when we boarded the ship. No problems. We also took wine and never had a problem with corkscrew or glasses being brought to the room. This allowed us to have a glass of wine while getting ready as well as take a glass to dinner.

I read on another thread where you can't bring the soft sided coolers any more (not sure why). I suppose a carry-on suitcase would work though. Nice to know they will bring me glasses and a corkscrew. Can't wait to relax on my balcony with glass of wine in hand!

sissy_ib said:
We actually spend quite a bit of time in our cabin just relaxing. That is something we rarely do at home. We sit on the balcony, turn the stateroom tv to the navigation channel and enjoy the wine and beer we brought on-board. For us it is worth it to bring a few bottles of wine and the beer my husband likes.

ETA:we bring our own corkscrew with no issue. Our last cruise we even brought a package of plastic wine glasses so we would not need to get any from room service.
Also we just packed a rolling suitcase each. We drove for both of our cruises so it was no issue for us. I had the wine, my husband packed the beer.

We did the same thing while the kids were sleeping! Weather was perfect for our cruise to hang out on the balcony! :)

You aren't drinking the right beers! Their are plenty out there that contain 8%+ alcohol content and taste very good. Though, I do understand that 1 bottle of liquor will take up a lot less room! :)

OP:
We didn't bring anything on our first DCL cruise and we regretted that. It was only 4 days so it wasn't that bad. We did cave and buy a drink of the day, once or twice.

DCL doesn't serve the type of beer we normally enjoy. Will we drink cheap lagers? Yes. Are they are favorite? Heck no. So, we don't want to pay premium price for something that is just mediocre to us. We like a lot of different beers ranging from micro-brew, craft, and imports. I like a lot of Belgian ales. We will stock up on a selection of our favorites and bring those on board.

The mug is tempting, but I'd rather have something I love the taste of.

You're absolutely right RedxPanda. When I'm on DCL I AM drinking the wrong beers. We should start a thread of greatest beers ever brought onboard, or something like that. In honor or your suggestion, I've decided to change my mind and bring a bottle of Allagash Curieux on my next cruise, along with the stronger stuff! Only thing I need to work out is how to keep it cool on the way down...:scratchin

I always bring wine onboard with us but I have to say I find the prices for wine/beer and other cocktails fairly reasonable. I have been to many, many land b ased establishements that charge more than the ship does.

A "drink of the day" can be under $5.00...not too bad.

I find the wine by the glass to be reasonable but do agree that the bottles have a big mark up.

MJ

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter