Beer Tent

VMK_MagicalLadee

<font color=darkorchid>Canada has kewl stuffs too<
Ok so, I work at a festival where I help out at the beer tent.

I'm not allowed to touch the beer , pour it or anything.

But since we don't have a cash register, they use me because apparently no one has any logic math skills other than me.

BUT.

Last year, I got SCREAMED at by this lady who said Im not old enough to sell her the beer.
Im not sure If she was drunk or not. :\

Yes, I stay there during the wee hours of the night for 4 reasons.

1) The tent is run by JAIL GUARDS, and my dad is one of them. They tackle drunk people who aren't co-operating into bushes.

2) I can make forts in the beer truck with the cases of beer. :lmao:

3) theres a police tent right across from us. So Im good there.

4) At the end of the night we trade the chinese tent beer for their leftover food.

So... case in point..
Should I be able to sell beer to these lovely citizens?

But since we don't have a cash register, they use me because apparently no one has any logic math skills other than me.

So... case in point..

::yes:: You should be allowed to.

Well they do say that it is illegal for people under 21 to buy alcohol, but they don't say ya can't sell it! Nah, I'm sure it's fine, as long as you don't drink it or anything.

In Ontario you have to be at LEAST 18 and take a SmartServe course to legally be able to sell alcohol to people.

But if it's at a festival and you're not even serving the alcohol...I don't see what the problem is.
That lady was probably just a crazy drunken hag!

Morally, I don't see a problem with it. Especially considering you aren't handling any alcohol; just dealing with the register.

But legally, to sell alcohol where I live, you have to be at least of legal drinking age.

Oh, Im not allowed to at night though. They're afraid the drunks might ... like.. assault me or something.

I also stay until the end because the drunk people accidentaly frop money and other such items under the picnic tables.

Whoever cleans up after, gets the loot ;)

I think its fine for you to work the cash register.
Your not touching the beer or anything so your fine.
I wanna make a fort too :p

Oh, Im not allowed to at night though. They're afraid the drunks might ... like.. assault me or something.

I also stay until the end because the drunk people accidentaly frop money and other such items under the picnic tables.

Whoever cleans up after, gets the loot ;)

Lol, maybe they shouldn't have a beer tent? It sounds like there are alot of drunk people.

Lol, maybe they shouldn't have a beer tent? It sounds like there are alot of drunk people.

Of course, its Canada ;)
We love beer. ROFL.

Its at a bad part of the city, and its the only place where we can really *have* a festival. The jail guards cut them off though.

At grocery stores around here, cashiers under the age of 21 aren't allowed to scan any alcoholic beverages. A worker over 21 has to. Is it like that anywhere else?

Ok so, I work at a festival where I help out at the beer tent.

BUT.

Last year, I got SCREAMED at by this lady who said Im not old enough to sell her the beer.
Im not sure If she was drunk or not. :\

Yes, I stay there during the wee hours of the night for 4 reasons.

1) The tent is run by JAIL GUARDS, and my dad is one of them. They tackle drunk people who aren't co-operating into bushes.

2) I can make forts in the beer truck with the cases of beer. :lmao:

3) theres a police tent right across from us. So Im good there.

4) At the end of the night we trade the chinese tent beer for their leftover food.

So... case in point..

LOL, I think it is great that you get a cool job like that. It has got to be entertaining to get to watch things like drunks getting tackled and of course you are completely safe with your dad there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter