BEEPER MD Beware!!

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
Just a warning to those who have booked it.
We booked our Beeper MD appointments in September, for Thursday, Nov 11 between 8-10 am. I called them the night before to confirm and give them our room number. They said all was good, they would arrive in the morning. So we waited and waited. No call. I heard that they call you 30 minutes in advance to tell you they are coming. Nothing. I called at 9am and they said yes they could call when coming. Nothing. So at 10am I called again. (each time I called I got a different person. Seems like they are people working from home as you could hear TVs and kids in backround etc) So at 10am the lady said she didn't know where they were. So they had to reschdule for 12:50pm. So now we are ticked as we wasted the morning waiting at hotel. So we went to Epcot and figured when they called we would tell them instead of coming to the hotel, to meet us at the Epcot parking lot. So I checked my phone constantly. At 12:50 they call me. They say they have to CANCEL. They said the tester had an emergency or something. I was so mad! I asked if we could get a different tester and meet them somewhere. He said no, we could reschedule for the next day. I said that won't work as we leave Saturday and needed to be tested that day as he said results could take 30 hours and we couldn't take the chance. We were so upset. He didn't seem to care at all. So we found a private place that we could go to immediately that guaranteed results within 15 hours. It was $175 US. We took the Uber there for $30 each way. So what was supposed to be a free test at our hotel was now over $200 US each. So disappointing. Thankfully we had our results that night within 8 hours so we could relax, but not after wasting almost an entire day at the fault of BeeperMD. So beware!

We booked our Beeper MD appointments in September, for Thursday, Nov 11 between 8-10 am. I called them the night before to confirm and give them our room number. They said all was good, they would arrive in the morning. So we waited and waited. No call. I heard that they call you 30 minutes in advance to tell you they are coming. Nothing. I called at 9am and they said yes they could call when coming. Nothing. So at 10am I called again. (each time I called I got a different person. Seems like they are people working from home as you could hear TVs and kids in backround etc) So at 10am the lady said she didn't know where they were. So they had to reschdule for 12:50pm. So now we are ticked as we wasted the morning waiting at hotel. So we went to Epcot and figured when they called we would tell them instead of coming to the hotel, to meet us at the Epcot parking lot. So I checked my phone constantly. At 12:50 they call me. They say they have to CANCEL. They said the tester had an emergency or something. I was so mad! I asked if we could get a different tester and meet them somewhere. He said no, we could reschedule for the next day. I said that won't work as we leave Saturday and needed to be tested that day as he said results could take 30 hours and we couldn't take the chance. We were so upset. He didn't seem to care at all. So we found a private place that we could go to immediately that guaranteed results within 15 hours. It was $175 US. We took the Uber there for $30 each way. So what was supposed to be a free test at our hotel was now over $200 US each. So disappointing. Thankfully we had our results that night within 8 hours so we could relax, but not after wasting almost an entire day at the fault of BeeperMD. So beware!

Yeah that’s what I was afraid of. I think people really need to plan on a backup if they go this route.

I just reserved myself to paying for the tests. Less stress.

Posted on the other thread, but I was lucky that I had a great experience, and our tester showed up (almost) on time. I did pay $15 pp for the 1 hour window though. Our tests were done on Friday, and took less than 24 hours to get the results.

With that said, and all the mixed reviews I read on this board, we booked backup appointments for that same afternoon AND the next day at 2 different Walgreen's locations just in case. We figured if it came down to it, we would only be out the $$$ for an Uber ride there and back.

Absolutely book a free backup test at Walgreen's or CVS especially if you are going during the Holidays. Last week would have been considered "low" season for Disney, but our tester said she had been extremely busy not just with Canadians, but other foreigners requiring testing for their flights home. I can imagine that if something came up and your assigned tester couldn't make the appointment, they would not have a backup employee to assign to you. Ours seemed to have been doing just Pop Century guests all before she got to us at 3PM.

We used BeeperMd on December 7th as a back up and had a very good experience with them. Brittany our tester was excellent and does a lot of testing at Windsor Hills where we stayed. PCR Results came within 36 hrs. Be very cautious using Walgreens as they sent us a confirmation but when we arrived they had closed the pharmacy as the pharmacist had gone home sick and not called in a replacement. They sent us to a different Walgreens where they don’t even test. At least that Walgreens phoned around but all were out of test kits. We will never use Walgreens again. At 48 hrs before our flight we used CVS and received our second negative test results well before our flight. I would recommend booking with at least two different pharmacies. When we return in April we will use BeeperMd and CVS.

We used BeeperMd on December 7th as a back up and had a very good experience with them. Brittany our tester was excellent and does a lot of testing at Windsor Hills where we stayed. PCR Results came within 36 hrs. Be very cautious using Walgreens as they sent us a confirmation but when we arrived they had closed the pharmacy as the pharmacist had gone home sick and not called in a replacement. They sent us to a different Walgreens where they don’t even test. At least that Walgreens phoned around but all were out of test kits. We will never use Walgreens again. At 48 hrs before our flight we used CVS and received our second negative test results well before our flight. I would recommend booking with at least two different pharmacies. When we return in April we will use BeeperMd and CVS.
Glad BeeperMD worked for you. But I’m confused. Why did you need a second negative test?

Cases of inconclusive results are occurring. Happened to a friend of ours. Testing is considered not valid unless deemed negative or Positive. Luckily our friend had booked a second test as a backup and was able to use that negative test result to travel back to Canada with her family.

Can you name the private place you used? Ty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter