Been to the Luau lately?

Mickeefan

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to the luau at the Polynesian lately? I went in 1999, but have not been back since. At the time, the "Mai Tai's" were included. Now, it's just beer & wine. How is the food? As I remember, it wasn't anything spectacular.

I'm curious too. I've never been and was thinking about it for my next trip now that my kids are older (18,17,13). Recommend?

I have gone to the Luau since 95 and it has changed alot but it is still good for the money. People say they dont like the food but I think its pretty good, you have to like that hawaiin delicacy. They changed the show to the Spirit of Aloha and made it more kid oriented. They still have the fast paced stuff but instead of all show it goes on after you had your desert. It is still unlimited drinks but be aware they stop serving once the real show begins. And now they added a tier system, so if you want to book it make sure you book 180 days in advance, because teir 1 is front row center, so those will go the fastest and are only 8 dollars more a ticket than teir 3.

We just did the luau last week and really enjoyed it. We thought the food was pretty good and even DD7 and DD5 were happy with the selections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter