Been to Sci Fi Lately?

Mnchknbrat1982

Mouseketeer
Anyone been to sci fi lately? I see that on another website they have an updated menu. I made this adr back in March because this is the one place that Alan requested we go to. And I was okay with the menu back then. But I have to tell you I am not digging the new menu. The only thing I would even consider on the menu is the butcher steak. We will be in the world in less than 2 weeks. Am I going to be really disappointed? I don't want to cancel since the bf requested but I am not seeing much me or the bf will eat here. Should I try to make an ADR somewhere else just in case?

just stick with the basics: burger, fries, onion rings, shakes

they can't screw those up....

whenever we've eaten at the Sci-Fi, it lends itself more toward "burgers" than "fancy dining" anyway

I, my DH and DS had the butcher steak a couple of weeks ago and it was good. I thought mine was a tiny bit fatty, but DS's was nice and tender. I know because I had to cut it up for him. He gobbled it all up too. DH was behind us with DD so I'm not sure how he liked his steak, but it was all gone. I think my DD helped him eat it.

I was going to order the burger, but figured what the heck, it's free and I might as well get the more expensive steak. Next time when I pay OOP I'll get the burger.

I had the artichoke dip, which I wouldn't get again, but the onion rings were tasty. They gave me the chocolate shake as my beverage and that thing was so yummy and thick that I couldn't even stir it! I had the chocolate tart for dessert and it was good.

All in all we really enjoyed it. DS loved the corny sci-fi movies and it was nice and dark, cool and quiet. We will definitely go back.

We were there late August and had the ribs, they were pretty good! My DD had the chicken caesar salad and the chicken sandwich and they gobbled it up and they are picky eaters.

We ate at Sci Fi last Monday (9/3).

DD1 (21) had the salad (B), Shrimp Penne (C) and the Hot Fudge Sundae (A+)
DD2 (17) had the same thing and graded the same, but she had the cheese cake for dessert. That was pretty gross. The cheesecake itself was okay, but it was on a plate surrounded by caramel corn mixed with m & ms. Ick. (D) She had a milkshake. (A+)
Me, vegetarian, had the artichoke dip app (A) and the penne pasta minus shrimp (C). I had the chocolate tart for dessert. (B)
My boyfriend, also veg, had the seared tofu entree. (A++) He had the onion rings for app (A+) and the weird cheesecake for dessert. (D)

The service was great and the theming is cute. We ate here in 03 for lunch and liked it much better.

Good luck!

Thanks for everyone's input. This is making me feel a lot better about this place. When I made the adr they had a prime rib or something on the menu I knew I would eat. But I've never had butcher steak so don't know about it. And I was worried because everything else I would not eat as I don't do bbq, shrimp in pasta, fish, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter