Been There, Done That, Going Back!
Wednesday 20th May 2009- our 5th wedding anniversary

Today’s plans were;
Chef Mickey’s Breakfast
Typhoon lagoon
Magic Kingdom
Citrico’s for Dinner

97DV6654.jpg

Today is our 5th wedding anniversary; we got married at Disney’s wedding pavilion 5years ago and had our wedding meal at Citrico’s
We started up by opening our cards. Id brought Matt a personalised one with pics of our wedding on. We knew we wouldn’t stick to our plans so much today due to the weather.
We’d already decided to go to Epcot instead of Typhoon lagoon just in case it rained.
Chef Mickey’s was great. (Will not post character pics as already posted on previous days) We wore our anniversary badges-we decided not to wear them the whole trip as I kind of got bored hearing ‘Happy Anniversary’. So I thought it was better to just wear them today. Now I knew they sung the celebrate song, we always joined in with the Serviette Swirling but I don’t think I remember them doing it to anyone.
Well as it was our anniversary they came and sung it to us and gave us a little cupcake, the characters also came to our table and danced around us. I thought it was a fab experience.
812.jpg

After breakfast we took a walk around the hotel and looked at the Bay Lake Tower and the pool areas. The weather was quite nice so we could of gone to Typhoon Lagoon but it was just nice to wander around and finally get to look around

858.jpg

856.jpg

8542.jpg

8532.jpg

836.jpg

837.jpg

We then caught the monorail to Epcot changing at the TTC but the monorail was held up due to traffic, they then decided it needed maintenance so we had to get off and change. The next monorail had a fault but still worked but only in reverse.
875.jpg

We finally got to Epcot around 11.30 and it started to rain really badly. Everyone kept hiding for cover but we didn’t care.
We first went to look for our leave a legacy tiles that we’d got taken 5years ago
886.jpg

We then made our way to soaring to get fast passes (still wasn’t really using our GAC properly yet) our time for them was 3.15pm.
We did living with the land before seeing the circle of life.
It had stopped raining by now and we saw chip and Dale outside so got their autographs and took pictures.
904.jpg

We then went to the character spot and saw Mickey, Minnie,Pluto,Donald and finally Goofy. Matt had a Goofy T shirt on and Goofy was really funny, he tickled Matt and Luke was just in hysterics-you had to be there
923.jpg

919.jpg

We had lunch at the Electric umbrella, great timing as it started pouring down with rain again. Afterwards we tried to do Test Track but it was closed so Matt did Mission Space
933.jpg

We then headed to Soaring to use our fast passes, though the cast member didn’t take them (when we got off I went up the normal queue and gave them to a family so they didn’t have to wait) I though Soaring was fab and a must do. We had planned to go to MK after Soaring but due to the rain thought we could do a few more inside parts of Epcot and skip MK today.
We did the seas with Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk with Crush, it was a really funny show.
1863.jpg

937.jpg

We then had enough time to go back to our hotel shower and change before going to Citrico’s

To Be Continued…………………………………..

946.jpg

We arrived at Citrico’s just a few minutes before our ADR. We had been here on our last trip, in fact it was where we had our wedding meal. We had the meal in a little room and it was great to see it again. We checked in ok, well that was until Matt mentioned about the cake we had ordered. They said there was no cake on our reservation. It had taken Matt ages to arrange this cake as he’d rang the cake hotline and was give the number for someone who dealt with cakes at the Grand Floridian to call. He’d tried the number for over a week before going back to the cake hotline.
Anyway now they were saying there was no cake for our meal, they mentioned they did a 6” celebration cake but Matt said I ordered the 10”. Anyway they got the manager to come out to see us. He explained that the cake hadn’t been put on the booking and said he’d see what he could arrange. He took Matt’s holiday plan (it had all the details on) and disappeared for about 15 mins. During this time we were seated. We were given personalised menus for our meal, which I think was a nice touch. We then ordered some drinks, cocktails and I got a bottle of Champagne. We’d decided when we sat down and looked at the menu we wouldn’t be worrying about how much this meal cost. Just as well really.
After the drinks arrived the manager came to see us and said that the cake was there, he just hadn’t been made aware. He looked very flustered and we got the feeling that some poor Chef was busy making a cake for us while we ate our meal. We saw the manager go up to our server and talk to her, after that our service seemed to get a bit slower. We wondered if they were trying to drag the meal out a bit as other tables around us had been reseated during our meal. To be honest I didn’t think it was too slow, as I said before we do take longer due to having to feed Luke and tonight it just felt a nice relaxed paced meal. I did wonder if Matt was being cynical saying they were making our cake while we ate……..
951.jpg

Our meal
Luke-
Chicken Noodle Soup
Steak
959.jpg

967.jpg

Nicky-
Champagne
1st course= Sautéed Shrimp- lemon, white wine, tomatoes & Feta cheese.
This was delishious, the feta was too much for me but Matt and Luke liked it.
Salad course= Goat cheese truffles- tomato, cracked pepper and sesame truffles with Arugula , Frisee, Nueske applewood smoked bacon and Forelle pears.
Matt got the same as me, some he wasn’t keen on. We swapped about so we both had the ones we liked. I though these were nice and the kind of melted in your mouth.
Main course=Braised veal shank- carrot-potato puree, roasted vegetables and toasted citrus gremolata
This was just to die for, mouth watering.
953.jpg

955.jpg

960.jpg

963.jpg

Matt-
Magical Star cocktail
1st course=Arancini-crispy risotto- Italian sausage, Quattro formaggi and white wine truffle Aioli.
Matt liked this but it was totally nothing like what he expected.
Salad course= Goat cheese truffles- tomato, cracked pepper and sesame truffles with Arugula , Frisee, Nueske applewood smoked bacon and Forelle pears.
Matt got the same as me, some he wasn’t keen on. We swapped about so we both had the ones we liked.
Main course= Filet Jardiniere-Oak grilled filet of beef with House cured vegetables, Quattro formaggio crushed potatoes and veal glace de viande.
Fantastic, really enjoyed it.
950.jpg

957.jpg

960.jpg

964.jpg

The cake!
Now I was still dubious if it had just been made it felt chilled. Though there was a watery residue on parts of it that you get when you suddenly cool cakes quickly.
Also when we cut into it, they tray at the bottom and the bottom layer of the cake was very buttery. This happens when a cake is iced while its still warm.
We will never know and as we got the cake and had a wonderful meal we didn’t really care. Its still a slightly amusing story though. The meal cost around $300 including the cake ($60) and a tip, this was obviously a very expensive meal and not something we’d do often but it was worth every cent.
The cake it self was very yummy but very very sweet.

968.jpg

973.jpg

974.jpg

great day Nic, shame about the drama with the cake...it looks delicious though !

Happy Anniversary :lovestruc, lokos like you had a great day. love the cake

What a lovely anniversary. The food at Citrico's looked delish and your cake was fab too ~ great pics Nicky :)

We had our 2yr wedding anniversary back in Aug 2003 in Disney,but nothing as elaborate as your day :thumbsup2.What a great,bust day.Shame about the cake but glad it worked ou in the end+the food looks delicious.x.

It was well worth the wait for Goofy i think it's a good photo :goofy:

Loved the cake it looks yummy :thumbsup2

What a lovely anniversary :)

Glad the cake was sorted out in the end! The meal looks absolutely delicious :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone :goodvibes
The cake was delish and lasted many days in our fridge. It only just fit in the fridge in the box (i had to take the bar out of the fridge door for it to close-simple diy job and easy to put back) just thought id mention it in case anyone wonders. It did cost us a lot but saved us money in Desserts and snacks.

It was well worth the wait for Goofy i think it's a good photo :goofy:
Loved the cake it looks yummy :thumbsup2

i do love this pic, shame i missed Luke in hysterics though :rotfl:
they did get it in the photopass pics but there were only a couple in the whole lot we wanted and i had similar pics so didnt bother to buy it.
Goofys my husbands fav character and this Goofy was just fab, we spent ages with him.

What a lovely anniversary :)
Glad the cake was sorted out in the end! The meal looks absolutely delicious :thumbsup2

Thanks, it was a lovely and relaxing day, the meal at Citricos was just amazing.xx :cloud9:

What a lovely way to spend your anniversary. :hug:

Shame about the hassle with the cake, it was made on the night then great job it looked fab. :worship:

What a lovely way to spend your anniversary Nicky.

By the way, given I've now finished Day 7, I'm disappointed I haven't seen any pictures of you yet (apart from the wedding pic) - can't wait to see your 'after' pictures :)

A lovely way to celebrate your anniversary:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter