• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Been there,Done that, Going Back! Day 3-Downtown,Fultons,Cirque Du Soleil

darthtatty

Been There, Done That, Going Back!
Today was going to be a really long day.
We’d decided to go to Downtown today. We we’re going to the Virgin welcome meeting to buy cab transfers and in the evening we were going to Cirque Du Soliel.

We started the morning by going to the Contempo Café, we just brought a couple of meals to share (sausages,bacon,scrambled eggs, biscuit aka scone and some potato wedges) then a drink each to share. We hadn’t brought the refillable cups yet as we’re juice drinkers but knew we’d get them at some point for fizzy drinks in the evening.

We caught the first bus of the day (8.30) to get to Downtown Disney.
When we got there we made our way via the shops to Ragland Road where the Virgin meeting was @9.30am. Thankfully it was very short, only about 5-10 mins. I remember the last one we went to was at least an hour long if not more. We then decided to walk to the end of Downtown so we could pick up our tickets for the Cirque Du Soliel @ 9pm. Yes you read that right 9pm! Not sure why we went for the 9pm show instead of the 6pm show, think it possibly could have been to do with wanting to have dinner at Fultons Crabhouse. Again with hindsight perhaps we should of gone elsewhere and then came back later for dinner and the show. I say this now as my feet really killed me today, had to stop a lot. Luckily id brought some peppermint foot spray from The Body Shop back home, it worked brilliantly.
Today was very hot so we made sure we stayed in the shade as much as possible. We always find Downtown to be very hot, could be due to all the concrete.
160.jpg

We had lunch in McDonalds, just burgers but the drinks were fab. I like the drink station and the fact you can help yourself is great.
We mainly spent the time looking around the shops and looking at the sights.
Luke chickened out of going on the balloon ride. I wasn’t too sure about it so I didn’t try to pressure him into it. Think Matt was disappointed though
154.jpg

Thankfully our dinner ADR was at 5.20pm.

To be continued…………….

Sounds great so far Nicky lookin forward to your thoughts on Fultons :cool1:

183.jpg

We went in just a few minutes before our ADR but were seated straight away, as it was very quiet. Our server seemed ok, though he seemed to be paying a lot of attention to the couple behind us. I couldn’t understand why as he didn’t seem to know them but I heard him offer them a free starter, free wine and they got their bread almost straight away while we didn’t get ours until just before our starters arrived.
It took me a while to order as although I’d looked online at their menu just before we left, they’d changed it quite a bit and I couldn’t really find anything I really wanted.
I’m a big seafood lover so this restaurant choice was mine but now I couldn’t find anything. We’d decided to order starters too, just to make the meal last longer.
We finally ordered
Nicky-Fried Calamari, Lobster Narragansett
Matt-Clam Chowder, Seafood Cioppino
Luke-baby shrimp pasta
(I think that’s what they were called, couldn’t find them online)
When you sit down you are give crackers and a pate, this was delish
303.jpg

Nickys-Fried Calamari with a tomato and basil sauce, this was nice. The portion was huge.
308.jpg

Nickys-Lobster Narragansette-whole lobster oven roasted stuffed with shrimps and scallops.
312.jpg

Matts-Clam Chowder was very yummy.
309.jpg

Matts –Seafood Cioppino, the portion size was huge, it was spicy and there were huge chunks of seafood in
315.jpg

Lukes-baby shrimp pasta, this was plain but he liked it. Sorry pics not great.
305.jpg

We enjoyed the meal and were very full up. One thing though is that the food is never very hot, I seem to remember this from last time too. Just when we didn’t think we could eat anymore the server brought us out a bit of choc cake for our anniversary

316.jpg

To be continued…………..

By the way Fultons is very expensive, was around $150 including tip. Think as much as I look forward to it i will probably give it a miss next time. I never enjoy it as much as I think I will.
After Dinner we started heading to Cirque De Soleil, still had a while so looked in a few more shops along the way and brought some things we spotted earlier.
We were seated in a fab section, I know they say every seat is the best seat in the house but these were probably the best Disabled seats in the house. We were slap bang in the middle of the middle.
We’d brought our tickets directly from Cirque rather than via Virgin. I knew this was the last weekend before they had a break. Virgin weren’t going to try to get our tickets until 90 days before but knew if we brought Via Cirque we could buy them 6 months before.
What can I say about the show?
La Nouba, it was brilliant!
It starts off really strange, with 2 clowns walking around as people are still coming in.
You don’t really pay much attention as you’re waiting for the show to start, but after a few mins you realise the show has started. I laughed lots at them and thought the audience interaction was great.
The rest of the show was amazing with lots of different type of sections, there is just so much going on you don’t know where to look.
It isn’t till the end you realise who the main stars of the show are.
Defiantly recommend it!
No pics really as you’re not allowed to take any, theres some great pics online but its best not to look as it gives away the show.

164.jpg

788.jpg

Food looks lush :love: how was the lobster?

it was just ok.
last time i got a lobster and it was lush, this time there didnt seem to be much meat on it. there were plenty of scallops and shrimp inside though.
it had mushrooms in too which were nice but the sauce was very strange.
like i said it was only warm, i think if itd been hotter id of enjoyed it more.
They do some really delishious fried Shrimp but wasnt on the menu that day. they do change the menu a lot. :)

What a great day Nicky, you must've been knackered by the end of it :rotfl2::rotfl2:

we were! :rotfl: Luke and i both nearly fell asleep watching la Nouba.
theres a really quiet and relaxing bit in the show, we were both close at that point. matt was tired but kept going.
We know we should take it easy and not cram as much in but just cant help it. we had extra days this holiday as last time got married so that took 2 days up, this time we did stuff extra. think next time might just relax a bit more............though i doubt it. :rotfl2:

Looks like you had a wonderfull day...and well done on making the 9pm showing...I'd have been dead on my feet by then :)

sounds like a fun day .

was Cirque worth the money? I ask as I am really scared of clowns :scared1: but i think I could put up with it if it would be memerable for the kids

lovely day, i would love to see la nouba but circ d aquatiqe in DLP years ago freaked DH out and he refuses try it !

Enjoying your report, Nicky. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

youre welcome, i love reading other peoples so only thought it fair i tried to do my own.xx

sounds like a fun day .

was Cirque worth the money? I ask as I am really scared of clowns :scared1: but i think I could put up with it if it would be memerable for the kids

I cant remember how much it was, but it was fab and probably well worth the money. The clowns arent too OTT so im sure youll be ok. :)

What a busy,fun packed day :thumbsup2.There is no way i would have lasted that long :worship:.
I love your pics,i took a pic of the Castle inside the toy shop,but it never came out as well as yours :sad2:,yours looks great :thumbsup2.
Shame the food was'nt as great as you were hoping for(though the cake looked delicious)-quite expensive as well for something that you did'nt really enjoy.x.

A great but tiring day. I love La Nouba, we are going to see it again in Sept ~ thankfully the 6pm showing as after a day in the parks I am usually in bed by 9pm. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter