Been there,Done that,GOING BACK-Day 2 Magic Kingdom

darthtatty

Been There, Done That, Going Back!
Cast

Me (Nicky)-34 -The sensible one lol Magic Kingdom fan, love the water rides, doesnt like the simulation rides.
Matt-37 Major Star Wars fan-loves DHS, loves simulation rides.
Luke-9 huge Star wars fan-Loves DHS and water rides

Friday 15th May

well after a good nights sleep, we made our way to the 4th floor for Chef Mickeys for our 7.55am ADR.
799.jpg

Theyd changed the entrance slightly, to accommodate a queue. Concourse Steakhouse had been replaced by The Contempo Cafe.
After reaching the podium and getting our buzzer we waited in the seating area. Decided against getting our pic taken at this point, after all we were coming back a few times. Not long after our buzzer went off-think this was the quickest of all our visits.
Apart from the entrance not much had changed, we were seated right by the buffet. Our server came out and took out drinks order, she was friendly and efficient.
051.jpg

there was a great selection of food to choose from.
Bagels,croissants,fresh fruit,yoghurt,pastries,donuts,cereal. Hot food-bacon,sausages,eggs,breakfast lasagne,pancakes,french toast.
052.jpg

053.jpg

next up was the characters:
Mickey-My Fav
Minnie-lukes Fav
Donald
Goofy-Matts Fav
pluto

they were all great and i cant think of a better way to start the day ;)

Character Pics, some of these are from different days. cant find a good one of Donald at the moment.xxx

813.jpg

816.jpg

814.jpg

057.jpg

Great pics there Nicky :) i hope u had some pics with the characters too!! lol
I cant wait to try chef mickeys for breakfast next year :) :cool1:

Great pics Nicky. We love Chef Mickey's, and I could eat a plateful of their sausages anytime ;) I look forward to reading some more :)

fantastic photos Nicky, Chef Mickeys is one of our favourites :)

I love Chef Mickeys too, ur right Mandy the Sausages are yum yum. i actually enjoyed the Breakfast Lasagne too.
just wrote out my Mk stuff went to post it when laptop played up. will just quickly do it again :rolleyes1

Now to me Disney world just isnt Disney world without Magic kingdom. so i made sure we went there for our 1st full day. we caught the monorail there (forgotten about the walkway id read about on DIS at this point)
it seemed to take forever, it took ages to arrive then it kept stop/starting due to technical problems and traffic problem. I couldnt remember any problems like this on our last trip. Finally we arrived at Magic kingdom.
2261.jpg

2270.jpg

I couldnt wait to see the castle, one of my fav parts of the holiday. to me the holiday doesnt start until ive seen the castle. Theres just something Magical about it :cloud9:
Today was a very very hot and beautiful day.x:)
After seeing the castle and taking a few pics, we headed to guest services to get a GAC (guest assistance card) now although we make a point of getting one it does take us a while to get round to actually using it. not sure why, thats just the way we are.
We looked briefly in a few shops before heading to Tomorrowland, we wanted to try The Laughter floor-but it wasnt working. so instead we did Stitches great escape, followed by Buzz, then The carousel of progress.
We stopped at Cosmic Rays for a quick bite to eat-just burgers.
Next stop was the parade, it was ok but not as good as any others id seen.
Luke wanted to do Splash mountain but as the parade was heading that way we decided to look around Adventure land and go on the Magical Carpets of Aladdin. Next stop was Splash mountain, we got fast passes for it.
So rode the Liberty Square River boat, it was just nice to sit down and relax
for a bit.

114.jpg

We then went to see Philharmagic-last time luke didnt like this but thankfully he loved it this time.
It was then time to do Splash Mountain, we'd barely started when we were soaked by another boat doing the big splash. Luke and i love getting wet, Matt doesnt like it. :laughing:
We werent too far away from doing the big splash when it stopped, now usually the rides do stop every so often but after a while knew something was up. 10 mins later and we hadnt gone anywhere, the family with us were getting impatient. didnt help we were right by a footpath and an exit.
Thankfully it moved a few mins later, though not by much about 10 ft. Thing is as we'd moved we werent near the exit and now it was inbetween 2 footpaths. Finally after 40mins of being stuck they got us all off, bit of a struggle but we managed it. one bonus was that they took us off the ride via the backstage area, it was cool to see things we werent really meant to see.
Poor Luke he'd waited all day for Splash only for it to break down on us.
we decided to go to Pinocchio's for some Pizza before letting Luke pick a ride. He chose Buzz, we just managed to do that before watching 'Wishes'
1476.jpg

After Wishes i wanted to try to do Splash before the park closed, thankfully it was open and worked ok. Although Luke was disappointed we didnt really get wet this time. We had just enough time to Do Big Thunder Mountain.
i thought it was fab doing these 2 rides in the dark, a new experience.
We decided to try the walkway back to the Contemporary, was easy to find and literally took a few mins-5 at most.
After a bit of leftover cake we finally went to bed.....:goodvibes

Another fab day Nicky, glad you managed to get back on Splash. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading more.

Lovely day, we always to MK on our first full day, I too fell the holiday has not started until I see the castle. The walkway to the hotel is very handy, especially at park closing time when you see lots of q's for the monorail:)

Wow look at all the GAP clothes in your pics :lmao: John is reading this along with me !

xx

Wow look at all the GAP clothes in your pics :lmao: John is reading this along with me !

xx

:rotfl2: just noticed the clothes now you mentioned them, think i was wearing a Gap jumper too.
better not write anything too bad about Matt then, i told him i started it.
sure he'll read it. :)

Great pics there Nicky :) i hope u had some pics with the characters too!! lol
I cant wait to try chef mickeys for breakfast next year :) :cool1:

Matt seemed to feed Luke when we were at Chef Mickeys so didnt really get any pics there. im sure i did get pics with a few characters though. :goodvibes

Bet youll love Chef Mickeys, the dinner is great too. :)

What a lovely day Nicky except for Splash breaking down :headache:-poor LUke,glad he got to ride it again though :thumbsup2.
We always start the holiday with MK :thumbsup2,we did once start with AK and it just did'nt feel right .Your firework/castle pic is fantastic :worship:.
Love all the pics,Luke looks so happy with the characters.x.

Your photos are great, especially breakfast at Chef Mickeys :) we are still trying to decide whether to try there or not.

We have to go to MK on our 1st day too its the best place to start the holiday,and for Pineapple Dole Floats again. :banana::banana:

what a great read! we have been to chef mickeys for dinner and thought that was fab, would love to try their for brekky as well. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter