• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beeline vs. 417?

marymrg

DIS Veteran
We have always taken the Beeline/I4 from MCO to WDW. When we were returning the other day from VWL we went past the 417 sign. We almost took the exit instead of our usual route but since we were running late..........we didn't want to chance it. Is one way better/faster than the other? Does it depend on which resort you're staying at?

MaryG

417/Greeneway (South exit from airport) seems like a more direct route. It's been years since I've taken the Beeline, but I think Beeline's tolls are a little cheaper. I also think Beeline is a little more scenic, as far as hotels and billboards. Greeneway is more sub-urban - it goes through housing areas.

Exactly my experience. The Greenway is shorter (by about 10 minutes) but more expensive (by about 50 cents, iirc). Those precious minutes are worth it to me, plus the higher tolls mean fewer people take that route!

If only I had asked this question last week. We were running late and the Greenway would've been better for us! And the extra 50cents would've been worth it. :D The Beeline tolls are $1.25 total. I think another reason we always take the Beeline is because it is the route we take to Vero Beach.

There are times I-4 has traffic back-ups. Usually starting early afternon. A new lane was recently added improving the situation, but depending on the time of year, trafic jams can add 15 minutes to the trip using the Bee-Line.

There is no doubt on this one .......417/Greenway is much faster and never has any traffic jams.It should only take you 20-25 munutes once you are in your rental car to get to WDW.
We always take the 417 to WDW and back to MCO!!!:D

Note that if you are renting from Thrifty or Hertz (and any other car rental agency not on the airport) that the Beeline should be just as fast if not faster since you need to be on the north side of the airport to drop off your car anyway.

Originally posted by marymrg
If only I had asked this question last week. We were running late and the Greenway would've been better for us! And the extra 50cents would've been worth it. :D The Beeline tolls are $1.25 total. I think another reason we always take the Beeline is because it is the route we take to Vero Beach.

Opps, the tolls would have been .75 more. Still more than worth the extra .75 for me. We found it totally by accident when renting from Alamo years ago.

Actually,when we go to Vero we go 417, cut through the airport and catch the beeline on the other side to 95 south. I cuts off a bit of time.

We always use 417, there are never traffic jams and few trucks. It's a nice, easy ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter