Beauty & the Beast - Animated or Live Action?

PandaRuthy

Earning My Ears
Hey Friends! :) Do you love the classic Disney animated movies but don’t trust the Live Action Remake to do it justice? I feel you. In this video, I analyzed both the animated and live action versions of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast to determine which is the superior. I would really appreciate you checking it out <3
Which movie do you like better? What do you love about the remake? What do you hate about the remake? Let me know in the comments!

Love them both- but the animated original is on another level as arguably the greatest (IMHO) animated feature film ever made (right alongside “Snow White” for its significance in movie history). Still think it should have won the Oscar for Best Picture- and every year all the more so as it continues to be celebrated/enjoyed by new generations while “Silence of the Lambs” is kind of just another creepy horror flick whose legacy seems to fade...

My only beef with Beauty and the beast which I consider one of the best Disney movies is the t pot lady and the candle stick and whoever else was turned into a piece of furniture or utensil didn't seem to be nearly as upset as the prince who was turned into a monster. I mean yea being a monster aint great, but sheesh everyone else had it much worse. They all seemed very oddly happy considering they were inanimate objects.

I loved the live action, but the animated is my absolute favorite Disney movie.

I loved the live action, but the animated is my absolute favorite Disney movie.
Okay, a week ago, I said that I loved the live action movie. I have to correct that. I enjoyed it when I saw it in theaters. I put it on this past Friday, for the first time in quite some time, and I did not enjoy it nearly as much. None of the songs sung by either Emma worked for me at all. Luke Evan may have looked like Gaston, his voice wasn't deep enough. Josh Gad still mad a good LeFou though.

Animated, no question. The live action was so-so with no particularly outstanding performances (Josh Groban's Evermore rendition is the best thing to come out of it) and Emma Watson is heavily autotuned on withheld notes...that doesn't bode well with fans who come knowing the music.

Love them both- but the animated original is on another level as arguably the greatest (IMHO) animated feature film ever made (right alongside “Snow White” for its significance in movie history). Still think it should have won the Oscar for Best Picture- and every year all the more so as it continues to be celebrated/enjoyed by new generations while “Silence of the Lambs” is kind of just another creepy horror flick whose legacy seems to fade...

OMG, I totally agree with the Oscar statement! First animated feature to be nominated for a Best Picture Oscar (back when there were only five pictures nominated!)

Animated, no question. The live action was so-so with no particularly outstanding performances (Josh Groban's Evermore rendition is the best thing to come out of it) and Emma Watson is heavily autotuned on withheld notes...that doesn't bode well with fans who come knowing the music.

OMG, totally agree with you about Josh Groban too!

The animated one. Somehow, I enjoy animated takes on fairytales, I think it works well. I do wish (if anyone has read the original tale by Villeneuve) more elements were added to the plot from the original source... like the orange trees, or the monkeys, or the theater. However, what Disney made is by far one of the most beloved animated movies of all time -- and rightfully so. I do have some problems with the character of Belle, at some bits she is antipathic to me, especially now as more mature grown up. Beauty, or Belle, in the original book is very empathetic person, gentle and good at heart, and trul a jewel of a character. But then, the book has its downs too. What I love about the animated is the colors, its liveliness, its music, the characters, the animation. It truly is a masterpiece.
The remake was okay, but nothing special, unlike the original from 1991.

Well, I have to admit that the backstory was better, like wiping the memory of the village folk concerning Adam and the servants, that I found odd in the original, also that 'until his 21 year' was removed, which bugged me always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter