Beaches and cream reservation with a very young child

gunderda

Mouseketeer
I managed to get a decent time reservation for Beaches and Cream for 4. Would it be ok to bring a 1.5 year old as a 5th person but say they will sit on someone's lap or would they not allow that at all?

It's not really a matter of allowing vs not allowing. All bodies need to be accounted for. If you show up with a different number than your reservation it could lead to an increased wait time or them not being able to accommodate you. Or it's possible they could change your party in the system to 5 and seat you immediately. Point being that no one can tell you what will happen ahead of time.

I would try to modify the ADR. Beaches and Cream is a pretty small, tight restaurant. So even if they would let the child sit on your lap I feel like you may be uncomfortable anyways.

You have 5 people in your party, so your ADR needs to be for 5 people. B&C doesn't have many (any?) tables that will seat 5 comfortably. Their round tables are tiny, we were crammed at one as a party of 4, and 2 were children.

We sat in a booth in August when DD was 14 months old. I sat with her and my DD 7 on one side and there was plenty of room. That said, she was on our reservation and any restaurant can turn you away if you show up with an extra person.
If you aren’t able to modify it you can show up and ask. I think you’re more likely than not to be accommodated, but definitely be prepared to have them say no.

ok thanks everyone! i will plan to not do that lol I feel pretty lucky to get a reservation for 4 so the 1.5 year old can stay with the other family members that aren't able to join us for the reservation.

Also...have you ever tried to eat with a 1.5 year old in your lap? I doubt you’d get much eating done...

Glad you found a solution!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter