Beach Club vs Boardwalk during F&W?

jerseyjersey

Mouseketeer
We've decided to stay at either BC or BWI for our fall trip-with an EPCOT loving kiddo and easy access to the Food & Wine Festival, it seems like a good time!

Now I'm trying to decide which of these 2 is better for us. BC has Stormalong Bay, but BWI is smaller, which is appealing. BWI has more dining options right there, but it might also make it louder there at night? If anyone has stayed at both, or just really loves one or the other, I'd love your input as to pros and cons . Thanks!!

The size difference between BW and BC isn't significant IMHO. BC certainly has the nicer pool and it is slightly closer to the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. Yes, there are a few more dining options at BW, but its a very short walk from BC so don't make that a deciding factor.

Both locations are great. If you like pools then BC should be your choice. The Epcot resorts (Swan, Dolphin, BC, BW) are so close, short walk or a launch ride and have some great choices for dining. For some strange reason we love the activity on the Boardwalk and always try for a Boardwalk view. The noise has never been a factor for us. In fact the noises stay we had was at Bay Lakes Tower (MK view) the truck and loading docks are on the north side of the Contemporary. Like I started if you like to spend a day by the pool BC is great (noisy pool area) but either way locations are fantastic for F&W.

We've stayed at both several times and really prefer BWI. It's just so much more lively at night with the entertainment and games and we really enjoy having so many restaurant choices right there a few of which you can just walk up to. We also like the closer proximity to DHS. We just stayed at BWI in December and BC in January. We enjoyed BC, but, again, just like the nighttime fun at BWI more.

It may depend on what is available. Both book solid early during F & W.
We like both. I don't think you can go wrong with either

That's what I was thinking also. Our preference is BCV, but it seems BWV is more likely to have availability (maybe because they're a bigger resort).

We prefer BW over BC but honestly you can't go wrong with either if you are looking to stay close to EPCOT. Being able to walk over to both EPCOT and HS is a home run. I would say the only main difference is the pool. If you are spending more time at the pool than I would go with BC. If that is not a big deal than it really does not matter. See what is available and go from there.

Thanks all! Both are still available, but I'm sure that won't last very long! It sounds as if we can't go wrong either way.

I love them both, along with the Swan & Dolphin. If you want to choose between BW and BC, I used to choose whichever one was less money at the time.

If price weren't an option (assuming BC was more than BWI), I'd choose BC as it's so incredibly close to Epcot. Seriously, after a full day's walking, BWI might not be *that much* further than BC is, but it's further enough out that I was very very very happy that we opted to stay at BC last December vs. BWI. Added to that, if I had a kid along with me, I'd likewise choose BC for the pool.

I personally don't think the dining options are that different or more abundant from BWI to the YC/BC area, at least, not enough to make me think BWI is a better option over BC. As you're going specifically for F&W, I'm guessing you're not going to depend on resort dining options for the majority of your meals. If you're simply grabbing breakfast, snack, an occasional sit down meal, the BC/YC area offers plenty....Hurricane Hanna's, Beaches and Cream, the small (but decent) quick service area in the BC gift shop, Cape May, Yachtsman, Captain's Grille, etc. Plus, a walk to a Boardwalk area restaurant or quick service option isn't that far.

That said, BWI is a beautiful resort and offers lots of benefits during F&W (or any time of year). If I were you, I'd just go with my gut and not think twice about other options!

BC has SAB which you kid will love if they like to swim and you can walk over to the BC to eat its a 5 minute walk or a short boat ride so you're close enough to enjoy the boardwalk while you stay at the BC. BC also has beaches n'cream which has good food and ice cream. The walk and size of the resort aren't that much different. Choose the pool or theming you like more if the prices are the same. If you really want a balcony you can sit out on you might want to go with the BW they're not guaranteed at the BC.

Last edited:
I grew up staying at the BC and loved the pool as a kid. Now I'm a DVC owner at the BWV. Personally, the area is great for access to 2 parks. BW is more inbetween HS and Epcot. The BW also has a dedicated bus to the MK now. It may be about a 5 minute walk to Epcot from the BV vs no more than 10 from BW. If it will be warm enough to enjoy the pool then I say BC. It also depends on the theme you want, but we have stayed many times with a boardwalk view and have not had any noise problems.

Both are great! We have stayed at both and enjoyed them both! Beach Club wins out for us because of SAB and when we stayed at the BW our room was at the very end of a very looooong hallway! It seemed like forever to get down that hall after being at the parks all day! :-)

I love all the Epcot resorts and have stayed at all of them many times, including Swan/Dolphin. I always just go with whichever one is less, they are all so close to each other that you can get to any of the food from any of them. I don't factor in pool since we are adults and use the quiet pools. BW is my least favorite of all of them, can't really say why it just is. If given a choice between BC and YC, I always go with YC because I like being 99% guaranteed a full balcony instead of the little ones you get at BC, I also prefer the adult feel of YC over the kid friendly BC. But, as I said, I've stayed at all and just go for whichever one is less when I'm booking. I have an upcoming trip in two week staying at BW, despite it being my least favorite and am still excited about it.

Having stayed at all of the Epcot resorts, including S&D my vote would be for BC. The pool is awesome, and you can get a good quick meal from the pool bar. As a previous poster mentioned a full balcony is a plus of YC but personally I think that the YC looks more run down than the BC (the refurb will likely help this) and our room was so far a way from the lobby/Epcot that we may as well have been staying at the S&D.

Thank you all so much for your input! We booked the Beach Club, but it really sounds as if we'd be happy either way! SAB was the tiebreaker in the end-we're those people who still want to swim even when everyone else is wearing sweatshirts, so we're hoping we'll get some good use out of the pools.

Beach Club (though we actually prefer Yacht Club) because the pool is awesome and it is a bit closer to Epcot. The clown pool at BWI is a non-starter for our daughter.

Thank you all so much for your input! We booked the Beach Club, but it really sounds as if we'd be happy either way! SAB was the tiebreaker in the end-we're those people who still want to swim even when everyone else is wearing sweatshirts, so we're hoping we'll get some good use out of the pools.

Enjoy your trip!!!!

Another big plus of BCV-you can get all the way to Beaches and Cream without getting wet, when it's pouring rain out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter