Beach Club Villas?

grumpyann

Earning My Ears
We took the DVC tour during our recent visit to WDW, and we're very interested in buying. We don't think we want VWL, though. We loved the location of the Boardwalk area. Maybe we'll look into a BWV resale. Meanwhile, does anyone have an idea of when the Beach Club Villas will be for sale? I called the DVC guide, but she said that 1) they won't be built until the end of 2002, and 2) she couldn't confirm that they'd even be part of DVC. If in fact the Beach Club Villas ARE part of DVC, when do you think DVC will start selling these units? Before they're built?
On the other hand, since we go to WDW in the off season (late Nov., early Dec. or January), does it matter where we buy? Would we have a good chance of getting a BWV room during these time periods? Sorry for the incoherent questions! Thanks for any info.

Beach Club Villas are presently under construction with a scheduled completion date of 2002. They will be part of the DVC network of resorts. Most likely there will be at least one or two price increases by the time they are selling BCV. Units are not sold until they reach a certain level of completion. I am guessing that perhaps occupancy permits must be issued before sales are allowed by the state of FL.

<font size=4><font color=purple><font face=BrushArt>Carol</font></font></font>
iluvchat.gif

but I am NOT addicted to it...

<font color=FF0066><font face=tahoma>Co-Mod - Theme Park Attractions and Strategies Board</font></font>
<font color=purple><font face=tahoma>Co Mod - Cruise Board</font></font>
<font color=FF0066><font face=tahoma>Co-Mod - DVC Board</font></font>
<font color=purple><font face=tahoma>Cruise & DVC Chat Host

BCV is currently scheduled to open in Fall, 2002. I have been told that they are expecting (hoping) to have the construction move a little more quickly. Until all the details are worked out, BCV is not officially a part of DVC- but that has been the case for each DVC resort. I would assume that- as with VWL- sales could begin a little earlier- but they would still hold off on closing the sales until a later date.
BCV will be smaller than BWV but similar in size to VWL. You should always plan to buy where you will stay the most. Enjoy!

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

Hi grumpyann and welcome to the DVC Board and the DIS.

I would not expect the Beach Club villa to be on sale until late 2002. Florida has very strict timeshare laws and DVC can not offer them for sale until the units are ready for occupancy.

As for where to buy. Going the time that you do, you should have a larger choice of places to stay and room size at the 7 month window. But we have heard of BWV booking up before the 7 month window opens for even the slow periods. It is best to invest where you plan to spend most of your vacation.

We too travel in off season. It really gives me peace of mind to be able to book at the 11 month mark, that way I know I have what I want.

jane.gif

Disney Vacation Club Board Co-Moderator
DVC and Cruise Chat Hostess
Cruise Board List Mistress

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">Robin

I thought I read BCV will be ready in mid 2002. I do not believe they will pre-sell unless VWL is sold out before BCV is open which is a good possibility.

DVC started selling VWL 2 months earlier than they had planned because BWV had sold out so quickly. With the large sales force and nothing to sell "on property" they had to do something.

Hey Massachusetts Neighbor

You should buy where you think you will be vacationing the most. As you know Boardwalk and OKW are both sold out resorts and can be purchased through resale.

Send me an email if you are interested in a resale broker that will help you find the right package for you.

The units at the Beach Club I heard would be smaller than other DVC resorts. OKW seems to have the largest units of all DVC resorts. BW is nice since it has access to two parks within walking distance. OKW is quite, and relaxing since it takes you away from the noise and busy atmosphere.

Being a DVC member is something special no matter what.

Good luck

Ed

The drawings which were availble for view at the Annual Members Meeting, showed the BCV rooms will be the same size as BWV and VWL rooms and will consist of studios, 1 and 2BR villas. No GV's here either.

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I appreciate your sharing your DVC knowledge with me, a confused newbie.

Although I'm sure there are rules that must be followed, FL law does not preclude selling before occupancy is ready. I know of several recent timeshares including several FL Marriott's that were selling a full year before any of the units would be occupied. DVC has just chosen in several situations to wait until ready to occupy.

Dean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter