Beach Club Villas Refurb 2022

DisDad-

Mouseketeer
Anyone have an update on the refurbishment at the Beach Club Villas?
Can’t seem to find anything online regarding a start time.

When they DO spruce up BCV I sure hope they switch to one of the newer sort of sofa beds. We just stayed in a lockoff 2 BR and my daughter was on the sofa bed. It was comfortable enough she said, but opening it up each night was really hard (the kind of move that yanks your back) and then you're piling pillows everywhere. Just a big pain. The newer types, or the pull-down bed like at Riviera, are so much nicer!

When they DO spruce up BCV I sure hope they switch to one of the newer sort of sofa beds. We just stayed in a lockoff 2 BR and my daughter was on the sofa bed. It was comfortable enough she said, but opening it up each night was really hard (the kind of move that yanks your back) and then you're piling pillows everywhere. Just a big pain. The newer types, or the pull-down bed like at Riviera, are so much nicer!
I am REALLY hoping for the new pull down beds that were put into the Poly studios to replace the BCV sofa beds.

I am REALLY hoping for the new pull down beds that were put into the Poly studios to replace the BCV sofa beds.
DVC announced a couple of years ago that they’ll replace the sofa beds with the queen Murphy beds. What isn’t clear is whether they’ll wait for a hard refurb or do it as part of a soft goods refurb, which is what BCV is up for next.

DVC announced a couple of years ago that they’ll replace the sofa beds with the queen Murphy beds. What isn’t clear is whether they’ll wait for a hard refurb or do it as part of a soft goods refurb, which is what BCV is up for next.
The good news is the Polynesian was a soft goods refurb and the Murphy beds were installed during that refurb, so hopefully the same will happen at BCV even if BCV’s is a soft goods refurb.

Has there been any update on this? Have any of the rooms received a soft goods refurb yet? Maybe with the pull new down murphy bed / couch like the poly, SSR, and riv?

Has there been any update on this? Have any of the rooms received a soft goods refurb yet? Maybe with the pull new down murphy bed / couch like the poly, SSR, and riv?
No.

Boulder Ridge is currently being refurbished, a project that will run into spring 2023. BoardWalk was announced a few months ago and we can now see evidence that BW rooms will be refurbished starting in fall 2023. Nothing specific on BCV. I expect it to be later than that.

If Disney stuck to a strict 7 year schedule, BCV would be due sometime in 2023. But it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for that to push into 2024.

Good question. The schedule that was posted by DVC last year showed BCV scheduled to get that refurb in 2022 I believe. I would think something will happen in 2023.

No.

Boulder Ridge is currently being refurbished, a project that will run into spring 2023. BoardWalk was announced a few months ago and we can now see evidence that BW rooms will be refurbished starting in fall 2023. Nothing specific on BCV. I expect it to be later than that.

If Disney stuck to a strict 7 year schedule, BCV would be due sometime in 2023. But it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for that to push into 2024.
Can’t they do multiple resorts at once? I thought each resort has its own refurb fund and operates independent from the other resorts. Based on this, any resort should get a refurb when it is “due”, rather than “getting in line” behind other resorts for a refurb.

Can’t they do multiple resorts at once? I thought each resort has its own refurb fund and operates independent from the other resorts. Based on this, any resort should get a refurb when it is “due”, rather than “getting in line” behind other resorts for a refurb.
Yes, each resort has its own fund, but availability of contractors, supplies, equipment, etc. may be a different story.

Anyone have an update on the refurbishment at the Beach Club Villas?
Can’t seem to find anything online regarding a start time.

I'm wondering if Covid caused it to be pushed back. There was supposed to be a refurbishment at Disney's HHI resort in 2022, but they just told me that it been pushed back to summer 2023. Perhaps Covid has affected all kinds of timelines and availabilities.

B58030F3-A9E4-4D08-9F1C-692591F4F206.jpeg
WDW DVC has its hands full. Boulder Ridge finally getting the much needed soft goods refresh. Beach Club is due for that as well. For full hard goods refurbs there‘s both sides of AKV, BLT, BWV (which is starting to look like a pretty major resort overhaul), and the SSR Treehouses. Did all of VGF get refreshed in 2022?

I’m curious what order these will be done. After they chug their way through those, CCV and OKW is due for soft goods in 2024. That’s alot of work at WDW resorts over the next 2 years or so!

Boulder Ridge finally getting the much needed soft goods refresh.
Based on the construction photos from BRV people have posted here, as well as the reports of conditions at BRV pre-renovation, I'm pretty certain that BRV is getting a full refurb, not just soft goods. Keep in mind that the 7 year/14 year refurb schedule wasn't initiated until 2016. What BRV got in 2014 was pretty poor and shouldn't have counted as a full refurb!
Did all of VGF get refreshed in 2022?
Yes, it did. Got the queen Murphy beds and otherwise was spiffed up to match the work being done on BPK.

Given how Poly and VGF were pushed ahead of BRV, I don't think DVCMC considers that schedule to be set in jello, much less stone.

Based on the construction photos from BRV people have posted here, as well as the reports of conditions at BRV pre-renovation, I'm pretty certain that BRV is getting a full refurb, not just soft goods. Keep in mind that the 7 year/14 year refurb schedule wasn't initiated until 2016. What BRV got in 2014 was pretty poor and shouldn't have counted as a full refurb!

Yes, it did. Got the queen Murphy beds and otherwise was spiffed up to match the work being done on BPK.

Given how Poly and VGF were pushed ahead of BRV, I don't think DVCMC considers that schedule to be set in jello, much less stone.
Great info. Thanks!

Yes, they can do multiple resorts at once. But we seem to hear some chatter as the timeframe approaches and there's been no news on BCV. Perhaps we'll hear something at the annual meeting next week.

Over the past couple of years, cost and availability of workers & materials are issues that delayed some projects. Even though capital improvements are budgeted years in advance, those funds may not be keeping up with current inflation. If you've budgeted $60k per room and the cost is now $75k, the easiest ways to address are either scale back the scope of the project or delay for a year or two so there's more money available.

Yes, the BRV refurb is a planned full refurb. LONG overdue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter