beach club to hoop de doo

Lynnyl

Mouseketeer
Hi! I am planning a family reunion at DW next winter and I made reservations for the Hoop de Doo. We will be staying at the Beach Club resort. What is the easiest way to travel there and back? We will range in ages from 4 to 75 years old. Thanks!

Traveling there is easy, getting back is the pain! You will need to check the hours of the Magic Kingdom, this will come in handy on your way back. Also, we were told many wrong things by castmembers and then has to backtrack and it took almost 2 hours to get back.

The way we like to go is to take the bus to Magic Kingdom and take the boat to Ft Wilderness. It is a short walk from the dock!

On the way back, if the MK is still open, then do the above in reverse. If it is closing or just closed, take the bus (may have to take an internal FW bus to the other FW bus) to Downtown Disney and transfer buses to Beach Club. If MGM is open late, you can take the bus there and then the boat or walk to Beach Club.

We were told that the boats from FW would go to Contemp and Poly after Mk closing and we could take a monorail up to one hour after MK closed to MK and get a bus. Wrong, the monorail doesn't stop at MK after it closes because nobody will be needing to go there. Then we were told at the Cont. to take the monorail to Epcot and the bus to Beach Club, WRong, there are no buses to Beach Club, you would have to have a ticket into epcot, walk all the way thru to the international gateway and then out to the Beach Club.

Hope this helps!

hi,
which seating are you going to? i went to the later show in april and was pleasantly surprised to find busses waiting when we were done. the cm's asked us where we were going to and directed us to the proper busses. each bus went to a few different resorts i think, i was staying at akl and the bus made one quick stop at csr then dropped me right off at akl. i was really impressed::yes:: hope you have the same experience:D
katypop

We reserved the 5 pm for December 2004. I'm a bit nervous if its difficult to return with my group, your note is reassuring about the buses!

If there aren't buses available, there will be cabs. A cab will run about $15 and bell services can call you a van (for the same price) to fit your whole party. We find cabs to be a small expense compared to dinner.

How many people can a van fit? We have 10 in our party. Do I just ask the bell man at the Wilderness resort? Thanks for your help.

Taxi was $20.00 + 5.00 tip, well worth it for door to door service, no stress, you can leave late, not have to rush and worry.

If there are a few of you, get the Van taxi.. it costs the same.

>>^..^<<

Wouldn't a cab have to drop you off at the entrance to Ft wilderness, and then you'd have to take a bus to Hoop-de-Doo? And I'm curious where you would find a cab to get back - would you go to the ft wilderness entrance, or by boat to the Wilderness lodge or contemporary to catch a cab back? We're doing the 7:15 show this summer, so I'm assuming the MK will still be open when it gets out, but if we end up taking a cab, I am confused where to get one afterward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter