Beach Club pool entry question

You don’t necessarily need to add “them” to your reservation, or they don’t necessarily need to know they are added to the reservation or have a room key.. you just need to have two extra names on the reservation, all you need is a first and last name. You could add the names John and Jane Smith and it wouldnt make any difference, there’s no need for them to be present at check in or provide any proof of ID as secondary guests.

When you enter the pool area for the first time that day the attendant will scan only one room key/magic band. This shows them how many people are on your room reservation which is a cap on how many wrist bands they will give you. So if you and walk up with you spouse and two friends and scan just your room key/ magic band they will give wrist bands to the four of you without question (as long as there are at least four guests on your room reservation). After your friends have the wrist bands they will be good to come and go for the remainder of that day.
I don't know if your theory about adding fake names (as long as the total number is correct) is right or if it's wrong . But OP's friends could have the bad luck to be arriving just when the meanest, strictest cast member on property is assigned to work the guard gate, and that cast member might give them a hard time about parking if their name is not on the reservation. If they are on the reservation, they shouldn't have any trouble getting past the guard to park their vehicle.

Regardless of it being a suite, they are going to charge you for every additional adult over 2 in the room. But I would add them anyway, because that is the only proper way to allow them pool access.

Also, it's not up to the hotel management, the club level hosts, etc. This is a call that can only be made by the lifeguard on duty at the time you come into the pool. The lifeguards have the final say on whether they will allow non guests or not, so personally I would not count on the word of anyone in any other position. Add them to the reservation, get them a room key, and then they can join you.
That’s actually not true about charging for additional adults in suites. If you are staying in a suite that sleeps 9 you can have 9 adults and you don’t pay the additional fee per night like you would in a normal room. Same for art of animation for example for the family suites 6 adults would be the same cost for room only as 1 adult and 5 children .

But why do all that when you can add the actual people? Then you are doing everything as you should. Makes zero sense to add fake people vs real people when you can legally add the people you need. Guess I don't understand this suggestion
In terms of my Disney experience if the guest he wanted to add were staying at another Disney resort (which in this case they aren’t they Are at swan and dolphin) it would mess up their magic bands for their hotel and other things if they got claimed to the reservation.

Are you in a 2 bedroom? What is the room capacity 6? 8? - How many of you are actually staying and named on the reservation? How many nights will you be there?

If you are within your room capacity, add them to your reservation. Do they have a reservation at another Disney resort hotel? If they do, change their name up a bit on your reservation so there won't be any issues/screw ups with MDE, etc. They can get a room key (the actual card) to show the lifeguard. Not breaking any rules if within capacity.

If there is a charge for each guest added, you will have to find out - additional food/drink for people in Concierge for the number of nights might be a possibility so not sure it's worth it. If you are staying for a few nights, I would just pay it and let them join you for the day and take advantage of the offerings too - you paid for it.

If adding them is not option, it does not hurt to ask the front desk or someone you might be dealing with at the Beach club resort/Concierge. I am not so sure the TA can help you. They might not always have the answer.

I know its not the same, but there is always the quiet pool and they can also enjoy a drink at Hurricane's. Good luck and Let us know how you make out.

Last edited:

During our stay two months ago they only scanned one magic band and provided 5 wrist bands for our party (all present). This was the case for every other group I observed entering during our stay as well… I can’t recall what the procedure was on prior visits (next most recent was May 2021), but maybe it comes down to the cast member stationed at the entrance.

Either way… back to my original point. You are staying in the Presidential Suite, and you have plenty of additional capacity in your room. IMO there is zero percent chance that your friends are not allowed into SAB with you just by speaking with concierge, regardless or what you do or don’t do in terms of preparation. I’m sure that wouldn’t be the case for us “normal” guests paying $500-$1000/night (to which every above answer has been tailored), but you’re not one of us.. or at least you won’t be for this trip. Again, you’re paying for it, so enjoy it.. in EVERY WAY you can. Just my opinion.

Are you in a 2 bedroom? What is the room capacity 6? 8? - How many of you are actually staying and named on the reservation? How many nights will you be there?

If you are within your room capacity, add them to your reservation. Do they have a reservation at another Disney resort hotel? If they do, change their name up a bit on your reservation so there won't be any issues/screw ups with MDE, etc. They can get a room key (the actual card) to show the lifeguard. Not breaking any rules if within capacity.

If there is a charge for each guest added, you will have to find out - additional food/drink for people in Concierge for the number of nights might be a possibility so not sure it's worth it. If you are staying for a few nights, I would just pay it and let them join you for the day and take advantage of the offerings too - you paid for it.

If adding them is not option, it does not hurt to ask the front desk or someone you might be dealing with at the Beach club resort/Concierge. I am not so sure the TA can help you. They might not always have the answer.

I know its not the same, but there is always the quiet pool and they can also enjoy a drink at Hurricane's. Good luck and Let us know how you make out.
We are staying in the presidential suite and right now there are only 3 of us total.

During our stay two months ago they only scanned one magic band and provided 5 wrist bands for our party (all present). This was the case for every other group I observed entering during our stay as well… I can’t recall what the procedure was on prior visits (next most recent was May 2021), but maybe it comes down to the cast member stationed at the entrance.

Either way… back to my original point. You are staying in the Presidential Suite, and you have plenty of additional capacity in your room. IMO there is zero percent chance that your friends are not allowed into SAB with you just by speaking with concierge, regardless or what you do or don’t do in terms of preparation. I’m sure that wouldn’t be the case for us “normal” guests paying $500-$1000/night (to which every above answer has been tailored), but you’re not one of us.. or at least you won’t be for this trip. Again, you’re paying for it, so enjoy it.. in EVERY WAY you can. Just my opinion.
Thanks man! I appreciate it and you’re probably totally right but I do want to respect the rules too.

Of course anyone can have varying experiences on any given Disney day or trip, but speaking from personal experience, it matters very little what one paid for a room in terms how you are treated over the course of a stay. Showing up knowing you're paying among the top prices for any room on property and expecting above-standard access/treatment is a recipe for disappointment when it comes to Disney suites, in my humble opinion.

Maybe they'll stock your fridge with sodas or water of your choice, maybe a welcome bottle of wine, a nice gift from the gift shop, or similar (and even those may not happen) - but outside of things like that, staying in a Disney suite typically does not magically unlock special white-glove service or privileges, no matter the cost.

In terms of my Disney experience if the guest he wanted to add were staying at another Disney resort (which in this case they aren’t they Are at swan and dolphin) it would mess up their magic bands for their hotel and other things if they got claimed to the reservation.
Yes. My travel agent suspected it wouldn’t be an issue even if they were staying at an official resort but since it’s dolphin she said no problem for sure.

Only if they were invited to share the accounts
If he added their names but didn't link the MDE accounts it wouldn't make any difference
Trust me, in all the people that go to Disney there are a lot of duplicate names out there. Seeing how the MDE accounts aren't linked none of those duplicate names matter. They only matter in linked MDE accounts
If he put down John Smith and Jane Smith without linking their MDE account no issues. John Smith's ID and name on the room match
So bottom line, don't link MDE accounts. List their real names. Their IDs will match the names when bands are scanned if anyone ever asked. They will not break any rules and will encounter no issues.
And before someone brings up charging privileges, if they don't have the PIN, they can't charge

Last edited:
Day guest pass/room key might be a way around the $25/night fee of adding them to your room.. but, I think you are overthinking this a little probably.. yes, Stormalong Bay has the strictest pool access policy on property.. but you’re spending +\- $3000/night for you’re suite while other guests are paying as little as $522/night for standard rooms. I don’t think it’s a matter of pulling rank, you’re definitely paying for the accommodations and I’m sure concierge will be more than eager to accommodate any of your requests within reason. Consider that price tag would command a 24/7 butler service at most any resort outside of Disney World. Just saying, not everyone can afford it/is willing to pay it, so no shame in getting your money worth.
Only on a Disney site would someone say someone is paying as little as $522 for a room.

Yes, this. If they're staying at a Disney resort I'd add fake names too and be done with it. We've done it on more than once occasion for different reasons because Disney IT is a PITA, so doing fake names was just easier and nothing got messed up.

I know Disney IT is awful, I've been victim more than once but do you really think there are no duplicate names in all of Disney guests? Disney has a massive number of guests staying on property on a given day and I'll guarantee you 2 of them, at least, have the same name.
With common last names like Martin, Jones, Smith? Heck, my husbands name is very uncommon and he found someone else with his same name. Don't know if he's got a MDE account but he could. There's no way there's 1 Mary Smith in all of Disney's MDE accounts, just for 1 example. There's likely 1000, at least. With some very common names like that they'll even have overlapping trips.
As long as no 2 Mary Smith's connect their MDE accounts via the Friends and Family function there's nothing to interlink their information.
They remain completely separate. They will have no issues accessing each correct room.

There is no need to add fake names for guests who are also staying at the Dolphin. My sister stayed at the Dolphin last October and she was also registered to our BC room so she could use the Magical Express and SAB. She didn't have any problems with the dual reservations. :)
That's great to know- because it is EXACTLY what we are doing. I mean...not with your sister...but still.

I'd be careful with the dual reservation, you can melt down Disney IT. And you know it's struggling already. If you're going to do this, I'd add a slight name change like John instead of Johnathan.

I'd be careful with the dual reservation, you can melt down Disney IT. And you know it's struggling already. If you're going to do this, I'd add a slight name change like John instead of Johnathan.
Well, this is going to be attempted today, so I will of course let you all know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter