Beach club or Poly?? First family trip

love2go2disney2

Love the Mouse
We are going at the end of May for 8 Days!!! I have been to WDW since 1992 as a teenager, but my last visit was 2005. This is our first family trip to WDW. I have children ages 7,5, and 2. My husband and I keep chaging our minds where to stay. We are thinking Beach club or Poly. Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks

We are going at the end of May for 8 Days!!! I have been to WDW since 1992 as a teenager, but my last visit was 2005. This is our first family trip to WDW. I have children ages 7,5, and 2. My husband and I keep chaging our minds where to stay. We are thinking Beach club or Poly. Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks

Can't go wrong with either, BUT....with the ages of your kids, I would have to recommend Poly. Access to the Magic Kingdom will be the easiest, with the monorail or the boat, and I assume you will be spending a lot of time at the MK! You can watch the fireworks from the beach every night. The 2 oldest will enjoy the volcano pool, the youngest will like the squirty area by the pool.

Given only those two choices.- POLY. You'll spend more time at MK than Epcot.

I wouldn't let the pool be the deciding factor, kids at that age like WATER no matter where.

I would say the Poly also. It's so convenient and honestly, I find SAB (pool at BC) to be hectic and difficult to keep an eye on children, not relaxing at all.

another vote for poly . we have stayed at both and like both. i would agree with others that with the age of your kids you will be spending more time at mk therefore making poly the better choice. Plus it has beautiful grounds, good food options, and close to ttc. Both are great so you can't really go wrong.

We have stayed at both and both are great resorts, but if I had to choose, I would go with the Poly :goodvibes. The BC is nice and SAB is a great pool complex, but the Poly is very convenient to the MK and you can't beat sitting on the beach watching the fireworks :wizard:. Plus the rooms at the Poly are bigger than at the BC ;). Good luck deciding, although you really can't go wrong with either one as they are both great :).

Poly---you will love the monorail to MK and Epcot---so VERY convenient!

And you can sit on the beach at hte POLY and see the MK fireworks...

Poly! If you will have a stroller (2 yr old - that would be a yes) that will be two parks (MK and EPCOT) that you don't have to fold up the stroller to get on the bus. When you have a 2 yr old that has passed out from exhaustion it is a fabulous feeling just to roll them onto the monorail.

I agree with mickeynut1 not to let the pool be the deciding factor. However, our kids loved the Poly's Volcano pool - not to mention you can see Cinderella's Castle from the pool - it just adds to the magic. By the way during the day at the Poly they have a lot of kids activities and contests by the pool. They are all very age appropriate for all of your kids (give and take)!

Like everyone else said the Poly.

Being able to hop on the monorail mid day and them come back to the MK is a great option.
With the bus it is a pain.

It is also nice to have east access to the other monorail resorts.

Was at the poly this May for nine days. Kids the same age as yours minus the 2 year old. Loved loved loved it. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We frequently split stay our Disney vacations, depending on how many days we have. Our upcoming Mom & Son trip is 3 nights at GF and 2 nights at BC. The best of both worlds! That way we concentrate on MK the first half and Epcot/HS the second. Have fun! :thumbsup2

POLY all the way. Love them both, but the POLY is just so much more magical! It's the only place even my teenagers want to stay.

I agree with the others, Poly! I have stayed both and both are great but the Poly is favored over BC in our family. Especially with the ages of your kids!

POLY all the way. Love them both, but the POLY is just so much more magical! It's the only place even my teenagers want to stay.

I was happy to hear this! :goodvibes My son and I are headed to WDW in FEB (he's 14). I just changed our ressie to the POLY from BC due to the theme and monorail access, and not to mention a $200 savings for practically the same room category (Club Level)....I hope we enjoy it as much as you! :goodvibes
(PS..guess I need to change my ticker...again! :yay:)

I second what others have said about young children and the monorail resorts, you will be grateful for this. Also, the Polynesian is so beautiful and tranquil. After a busy day at the parks, the Poly is a wonderful place to come back and unwind. Have a great trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter