• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Market Place ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
popcorn:: Anyone know what is on the menu ? Available to buy ? We are looking for fresh fruit, bread, maybe some deli ?

popcorn:: Anyone know what is on the menu ? Available to buy ? We are looking for fresh fruit, bread, maybe some deli ?
The menu is on allears.net, but I'm in love with that little place (a great addition to a place I already loved) so I'll make some recommendations. Don't miss the gelato there-I recommend the pistachio (ugly color, but great taste). Mom's went two years ago, and still talks about the mango gelato-she loved that flavor. I also loved the chocolate chip macaroon bars. For a meal, the roast beef/brie sandwich is very good. They also have a yogurt and granola with fruit, fresh oranges, side salads, some good cake slices, and did I mention the pistachio gelato?

Anybody know if it is on the DDP?

It is a QS location but is also the most restrictive place we found. Desserts can only be a piece of fruit, ice cream bar and one or two other things. Other places we used the DDP you could choose any "snack" item as your dessert. Our last experience there was in September though so it could have changed.

We ate there at the end of October and found the desserts to be restrictive as well.

However, the sandwiches (either the roast beef and brie or the turkey and mozzerallla) are really good. They have a good amount of filling (the cheeses are very thick and the meat is tender and tasty). The sandwiches also come with a side of chips.

They have the made to order salads as well but one word of advice - watch the dressing! The woman put on one scoop of dressing and I said that was enough, but she insisted that it wasn't and basically talked my cousin and my dad into adding more dressing against my wishes. The salad was soaked in it. I know that some people enjoy it that way but I prefer light dressing on my salad. Other than that though, it was very good with big chunks of veggies and even chicken.

We were originally told we could have either the big rice krispie squares or a cookie for dessert. Later in the week, we were also told we could have an ice cream novelty from the freezer for our dessert. We were never told about the fruit because I know I would have chosen that.

Anybody know if it is on the DDP?
Yes, it is. The gelato and all the bakery items are snacks, but make sure you ask the cashiers, not the CMs behind the counter. The CM behind the counter told me gelato wasn't on the DDP, but then the cashier said it was. But desserts for a CS meal are only a bag of chips or a piece of fruit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter