Be Our Guest dinner was so very worth the effort

PurpleKomodo

Mouseketeer
I am sure many threads have talked about Be Our Guest and whether or not it was worth the difficulty of getting the reservation. I just thought I would share our experience.

When I made our ADRs (at 6am 180 days out), I was unable to secure a Be Our Guest dinner reservation for our entire group of 9. I watched and was able to get a lunch reservation for our group when those became available. Our lunch was incredible. We all kept saying that we could not believe we were getting this quality of meal for a QS credit. We had pre-ordered our food so we were able to go right in, found a table in the Rose Room and had all our food relatively quickly. It was a great experience and I would do it again.

But, Beast himself is not there for lunch and DS (2.5) is a huge Beast fan. So I watch the dinner ADRs to see if I could snag one for just DH, DS, and I. I was able to get one later in the evening than we usually eat. My plan was to just have dessert so that DS could meet Beast. When we got there, it was immediately clear that this experience was different than lunch. The grand entrance into the castle and brief tour of all the rooms by the host was a great touch. We were seated in the West Wing, which I may not do again with small children. Even for my huge Beauty and the Beast fan, the thunder and lightning were a bit frightening. We sat down and looked at the menu and quickly decided to just eat a whole dinner. The prices were surprisingly reasonable as the most expensive meal was less than the mediocre breakfast buffet at Chef Mickey's. We were also really excited about the exclusive wines, which were reasonably priced as well and included one of the best Chardonnays I have ever had. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was top notch. After dinner, we went to meet Beast, which made the trip for my DS. He spent a good amount of time with us since the line does not build too much as diners stagger out of the restaurant.

We returned to the resort and immediately told everyone else in our group that we just had to try to get everyone in for dinner next trip. It was truly magical.

I'm glad you and your group had a good experience. I also enjoyed a great lunch and dinner meal at BOG on our last trip. My family and I can't wait to eat dinner there on our next trip!

Totally agree! I have breakfast early in our trip and dinner later on, tempted to cancel breakfast as I fear seeing it before dinner may take away some of the magic.

Got to visit during the Christmas holidays for a dinner it was truly enchanting (plus we got a table right by the huge windows overlooking the snowing, and right beside the Christmas tree) in the ballroom :)

Agree prices are very reasonable and cheaper than I had budgeted for.

Want to try for a lunch or breakfast but having trouble finding reservations and everyone in party agreeing on what to do

Totally agree! I have breakfast early in our trip and dinner later on, tempted to cancel breakfast as I fear seeing it before dinner may take away some of the magic.

We ate lunch before we went for dinner and it was still very magical. I would eat there as often as possible. Quite possibly the best dining option in Magic Kingdom IMO.

And we also love lunch - definitely an awesome value for a QS credit, and the food was delicious.

We've only done lunch there ( I guess I grabbed a cancellation at the right time since we were one month from our trip) and we loved it. I hope I can get lucky and get a dinner adr for our next trip!

We have ADR's for dinner on arrival day and lunch on our last park day for our upcoming trip in two weeks. We can't wait! So nice to hear your review.

So glad to hear you loved it! I have a BOG dinner booked for our first MK day in November. We're so looking forward to it!!

Glad to hear that you liked it not one, but both times. It took me forever to get a dinner for December and if we didn’t get it, I swear I was going to cry (no matter what I told my sister and cousin) and cannot wait for this. We needed dinner to meet the Beast so we got lucky. Glad that you got it too for your DS

My family LOVES BOG for dinner, it is a must do for us...luckily I have been able to get an ADR for each of our trips that we wanted to go, but I know that the first trip that I can't make the ADR, I will be crying. For our trip in October, I was lucky enough to get a pre-park opening ADR for breakfast (8am, this will be our first time having breakfast here) and then a lunch on the same day (1:20pm, I was happy to get a fair amount of space between the two ADRs). Then on our second MK day, I have our dinner ADR at 5:35pm. I know people are asking.."isn't that too much BOG in one trip?", and which I will respond, "there is never too much BOG for my family" :rotfl:.

Glad to hear this! We also really enjoyed our dinner there, as well as breakfast. Can't wait to return!

We really enjoyed our dinner there a few years ago and we can't wait for dinner our last night in November.

What entrees did you have at dinner?

I am very excited, as we are having dinner at BOG for the first time on our MVMCP.. it is an early dinner because we wanted to be finished well before the party begins. The shrimp and scallops in a puff pastry looks awesome, so i think thats what I am going to order. I heard the steak is wonderful there. We could not get a dinner ADR last trip, so I was very excited when I had no problem getting one at 6am on our 180 day mark this time. I must say, we did do lunch last year and that was not a good experience. I guess from all the rave reviews, our expectations were high and we were let down. Hoping dinner is entirely different.

Do you (or anyone else reading this) remember how long the whole process took? We have a 4:10 adr on our mnsshp day and I'm worried it will take up too much of our time.

My family LOVES BOG for dinner, it is a must do for us...luckily I have been able to get an ADR for each of our trips that we wanted to go, but I know that the first trip that I can't make the ADR, I will be crying. For our trip in October, I was lucky enough to get a pre-park opening ADR for breakfast (8am, this will be our first time having breakfast here) and then a lunch on the same day (1:20pm, I was happy to get a fair amount of space between the two ADRs). Then on our second MK day, I have our dinner ADR at 5:35pm. I know people are asking.."isn't that too much BOG in one trip?", and which I will respond, "there is never too much BOG for my family" :rotfl:.

Good to hear!! I have breakfast, lunch, and dinner reservations in November!! :)

Yay - so glad you had a good time! You've encouraged me to keep stalking dinner reservations :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter