Be Our Guest dinner ADR was worth the trouble.

JerseyJanice

A Disboards original...
We celebrated my great niece's second birthday during my trip.

Her parents had their heart set on doing a dinner at Be Our Guest. We were under the 180 mark when they decided to do it. I tried and tried and tried for months to get one at an early dinner time (4 girls under 3).

The week before the trip, I managed to score an ADR for 10 people at 4:00 PM last Saturday. I think people moving their plans around due to Irma is how I got it--completely on my own BTW. TP frustrated me and my nephew, who paid the $15 to sign up because he couldn't figure out how to enroll for the free account. I had a free one, but I was unable to tell him how I managed that. Both of us got several alerts that were gone instantly.

Anyway, we were seated in the Ballroom. The whole meal was delightful. The Beast makes a grand entrance every half-hour or so then goes to his study where your party can meet him after dinner.

Service was excellent, and everyone enjoyed their food. I got the steak and loved it. The others ordered rack of lamb, ratatouille, and the seafood pasta dish plus three of the kids got the children's steak meal. The Chimay Blue Ale was fabulous; it's the drink to order if you like beer.

For dessert, we ordered the Celebration sampler platter. The birthday girl was thrilled with it, especially the white chocolate "Happy Birthday!" card and the strawberries that were glued to it with ganache. Belle sent her a card too. ;)

The girls got scared of the talking knights, but they adored the Beast. Our 2 1/2 year-old wore her yellow Belle gown, and he waltzed with her. :) It was great and totally worth it.

Sounds like an awesome dinner! We enjoyed it a lot when we went there too. Food was delicious and I agree the service was outstanding!

Wonderful! We have reservations at 5 pm and are looking forward to it. Initially we wanted lunch but I'm really glad we ended up with dinner. What time does the beast start appearing in the castle? And was there a line to meet him in the study, or was it fairly easy & quick to do?

Wonderful! We have reservations at 5 pm and are looking forward to it. Initially we wanted lunch but I'm really glad we ended up with dinner. What time does the beast start appearing in the castle? And was there a line to meet him in the study, or was it fairly easy & quick to do?

IDK what time the appearances begin, but they are really cute. Majestic music plays and he comes through the dark room, bowing to the applause in each room. He came out about every half-hour; 3 times while we were seated at our table.

He meets guests in the library where breakfast and lunch patrons place their orders. The line to meet him didn't take more than 10 minutes for us, and the interaction and photos were awesome. Well worth it. :)

It's good to hear a dining review for BOG dinner other than the one that this website publishes. So, you were satisfied with the food as well?

It's good to hear a dining review for BOG dinner other than the one that this website publishes. So, you were satisfied with the food as well?

I enjoyed my food very much. The steak frites comes with a delicious garlic aioli that I think was meant for the fries, but I dipped my steak into it also.

Thanks for the follow-up report, sounds like it was pretty much perfect. BTW if you're going back to WDW any time soon you should play around with TP some more. It has some pretty cool features. Maybe your nephew will share his log-in so you can check out the paid version. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter