Be Our Guest Breakfast - Child

How does this work when using the pre-order option? My daughter, although a child, has a big appetite and would easily finish an adult meal. I do plan to use preorder. Would I be able to order an adult meal ahead of time? If this is definitely not allowed I won't do it but I'm still confused if the no differentiation between credits means it is allowed.
It will allow you to pre-order anything you want.

Edit: In fact, I'm in my pre-order window now, and I went in to try, and it let me order 3 adult breakfasts, even though we're a party of 2A, 1C. Now, I don't know if they would make me change it at check-in, but I can't imagine they would.

Last edited:

Edit: In fact, I'm in my pre-order window now, and I went in to try, and it let me order 3 adult breakfasts, even though we're a party of 2A, 1C. Now, I don't know if they would make me change it at check-in, but I can't imagine they would.

I'm in the same boat for a reservation in October. Please report back if you try to pre-order an adult breakfast for a child credit, let us know what happens! Best of luck! ;)

Before 2016, they'd simply restrict you to the makeup of your party. If you had 2 adults and 2 children, they wouldn't allow you to order 3 adult meals. People would cheat the system by standing in line twice and ordering two adult meals each time. When some blogs reported that you could now order for people in your party who weren't on your plan (which, by the way, was never officially confirmed by Disney), people just started ordering more adult meals. The kids meal restriction was never removed from the rule, but the apparent change in policy busted the loophole wide open. People started ordering more adult meals than they hadn't adults on the plan. Enforcement has always been left up to the CM, and, if it's obvious that you're ordering for a child, they should still be enforcing it.

That's not true. We've gone every year for over a decade and every time have ordered more adult meals than what we have on our plan/room at one time and never once did anyone ever question us (honestly, it makes no sense to as you can you use all your credits in one day if you wanted etc.). When I say we I mean 4-5 families that make up our party. We also have family that live in FL and they've always gone much more than us and almost always use the dining plan (waste to me lol), but again never had any issues nor have we ever witnessed CMs questioning those around us. Yes, ppl. said Disney could do this, but really it would go against there own use as many as you want on whatever day policy, and regardless it never happened.

Last edited:

They won't. Once again, Disney advertises the plan as you can use your credits as you like, so maybe you wanted to use 3 adult credits here and more kid ones later....at the end of the day it would be very simple for Disney to track the QS credits like they do the table service, but they don't because they don't care....theyre really not losing money on it when you think about it. You'll be fine to order however and whatever you want.

Until the QS credits are differentiated, this is likely going to be one of those things you can usually but not always get away with, depending on the CM you're dealing with. We've frequently ordered more adult meals than adults in our party, particularly on the last day of our trip when we're using up leftover credits, and we've never had a problem. But as with so many things, the policy is neither official or clear so if you happen to order from a CM who interprets things more strictly than most you might have to adjust your plans on the fly.

How old is your grandson? Last time we went, we upgraded (paid the difference) to the adult plan for DSD, who was 8 at the time and didn't want to eat typical kid food for 10 days. We had to put her at 10 years old and payed the difference. Mind you this was back in 2012, so the prices were different. You will have to do the math and see if it was worthwhile for you. It was for us and she was much happier at meal times.

ETA - I know we had free dining, so I think we just paid the extra for the adult vs. child ticket prices.

We did this on our last trip too, and I can't remember but I think it ended up costing me around $5/day to upgrade her from child to adult. I didn't feel dishonest about it because I called Disney, told them I wanted to change her age in the system so we could upgrade her to the adult dining plan, and they made the change for me so they must be fine with it. It worked out well because she preferred the food on the adult menu. We also found that among the 5 of us we could often share 4 meals and save up TS credits for the occasional signature meal or the hoop dee doo review. :)

We did this on our last trip too, and I can't remember but I think it ended up costing me around $5/day to upgrade her from child to adult. I didn't feel dishonest about it because I called Disney, told them I wanted to change her age in the system so we could upgrade her to the adult dining plan, and they made the change for me so they must be fine with it. It worked out well because she preferred the food on the adult menu. We also found that among the 5 of us we could often share 4 meals and save up TS credits for the occasional signature meal or the hoop dee doo review. :)
Upgrading a child to the adult meal plan will cost you about $40/day. If you were on a "free dining" promotion, then you likely just had to upgrade her ticket, which is about $20 total. I can't imagine it's ever worthwhile to upgrade a child on a paid plan.

That's not true. We've gone every year for over a decade and every time have ordered more adult meals than what we have on our plan/room at one time and never once did anyone ever question us (honestly, it makes no sense to as you can you use all your credits in one day if you wanted etc.). When I say we I mean 4-5 families that make up our party. We also have family that live in FL and they've always gone much more than us and almost always use the dining plan (waste to me lol), but again never had any issues nor have we ever witnessed CMs questioning those around us. Yes, ppl. said Disney could do this, but really it would go against there own use as many as you want on whatever day policy, and regardless it never happened.
The policy to use more credits than there are people in your party was only officially added this year. Maybe you got away with it in years past. As you can see in my post from 5 months ago, it was a restriction that was manually enforced by the cashier.

The policy to use more credits than there are people in your party was only officially added this year. Maybe you got away with it in years past. As you can see in my post from 5 months ago, it was a restriction that was manually enforced by the cashier.

Like I said, first it goes against their own policy...they love to tout how you can use your credits however you like, so if the person wanted to use all 8 adult QS meals in one sitting they could. I know there are those on the boards that feel a need to be the enforcers and often do so by "scaring" posters who are asking questions. Honestly, it gets old and as I said I have NEVER seen/heard/experienced where a CM refused someone being allowed to order 3 adult credits when they only had 2 on their band/key to the world card etc. We've been going for years, well before the "official" change and we have family that goes even more often...if this was Disney's policy we would have run into it eventually, but it never happened and like I said it makes no sense. I wasn't "getting away" with anything; if I wanted to use 3 of my adult QS credits at one sitting, when there was only 1 or 2 adults on my reservation Disney states I'm allowed to.

People often do this completely "innocently" as they may prefer child credits one place and adults at another and still end up using the correct amount of child/adult credits at the end of their trip. - Not that it matters because Disney could very easily keep track for the customer just as they do for table service meals, but they choose not to. It is probably just as cheap, if not cheaper to produce the average adult meal, than kid meal with the small packages of apples, carrots, juice/milk box.

Upgrading a child to the adult meal plan will cost you about $40/day. If you were on a "free dining" promotion, then you likely just had to upgrade her ticket, which is about $20 total. I can't imagine it's ever worthwhile to upgrade a child on a paid plan.

That's right, thanks for jogging my memory :). Yes, we had free dining so we upgraded her ticket to an adult ticket, which cost around $20. That was definitely worth it to us. $40/day wouldn't have been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter