BCV first timers

jmccarv

Earning My Ears
We are staying on site for the first time ever in Sept. BCV, 1 bedroom, 9/20-26 then Poly, Club level, 9/26-28. Me, husband, son 13 and daughter 10. DP for stay at BCV. Any suggestions on room requests or reservations? Things that are a must do? Thanks!

Quiet pool view and plan on spending as much time as you can at Storm-A-Long Bay pool since you have to be a guest at BCV to use it.

:earsboy: Bill

BCV is our favorite during warmer weather times. Can easily spent a day @ SAB. Try Beaches 'n Cream. Also, clam bake @ Cape May is great. Night entertainment on the BW is fun. Kouzina @ BW is good for breakfast so is the BW Bakery. Short walk or boat ride. Bus service especially to DTD is terrible. Absolutely LOVE BCV !! Enjoy your visit!

It is no longer a clam bake at Cape May cafe but an all you can eat Snow Crab dinner... granted there are clams and mussels on the buffet as well, but the big draw is the crab!

I second Beaches and Cream. Fun lil place to have a burger and a shake!

And one advantage with staying at BCV is that, even if it's raining, you can get to Beaches and Cream without getting wet. A plus, IMHO!

We are staying on site for the first time ever in Sept. BCV, 1 bedroom, 9/20-26 then Poly, Club level, 9/26-28. Me, husband, son 13 and daughter 10. DP for stay at BCV. Any suggestions on room requests or reservations? Things that are a must do? Thanks!

You have one king sized bed and one queen sized sleeper sofa. Are your kids sleeping in the same bed or are you and daughter and husband and son sharing a bed? No rollaways or cots will be provided.

BCV is small and it was built on the former CM parking lot. So no great views. One main entrance towards the BC. If you have a car, you might want to be close to the parking lot.

Always request a higher level pool view. BCV is amazing...and, as previous poster said, spend as much time as possible at Storm Along Bay. Enjoy!

I love quiet pool/canal view. Also, I always ask for high floor/top floor. However, some of the rooms on those levels at this side of BCV are hooded balconies and I despise them. ;)

This is a second floor picture and most of the second floor balconies in this area of BCV are larger than the others. Enjoy your stay.

100_0928.jpg

Here's another perspective on that area:

101_2516-1.jpg

I've been in the woods/Epcot view and I don't understand the big deal on that one. And I had fifth floor as well.

Mamiamjo said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by shortypots

"No way Jose"

Omg - this little goodie got me addicted to PB and hot fudge toppings on a sundae.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We are checking into BCV 3 weeks from today...I'll be unpacked, fridge stocked and ready for a 10 night stay :banana:. This will be our 3 stay at BCV :thumbsup2

Since your kids are 10 and 13 and if you feel comfortable leaving them alone for a bit, I'd suggest you and your hubby take an evening stroll around Crescent Lake. DH and I did during our last stay after eating at Yachtsman. It was so peaceful just walking and soaking up the sights and sounds of the nightlife around the Boardwalk :love:.

This trip I am hoping to do an early morning walk around Crescent Lake with a cup of coffee.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for all the tips. Guess I need to diet before we go :) We can't wait. The kids still have no idea we are going, hehe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter