• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BC vs BWV

mrsswat

DIS Veteran
did I read here somewhere that BC villas have been recently been refurbed? Currently have a BWV reserved, but have been reading where they are "worn", so I'm thinking about switching to BC if they are in better shape. I hate that we have this DVC, and sometimes get a room that is in no better shape than a Days Inn. It just bothers me. Thanks.

I guess I'll just keep it at BWV for now. I always address my concerns with the powers that be, thanks. Twice we have even requested room changes, which we were able to get after a manager on duty came and looked at the room. Lately it's been OKW, which is our home resort. I don't know if we have something that flags us or what. We were just there 12/22 for 7 nights, renting a 2 BR and 2 studios. The 2 BR had carpeting unraveling in the entrance foyer, literally with about 2 feet of "unravel" left for us to marvel over, 2 missing headers on the living room blinds, broken slats on 2 blinds leading out to the balcony, stained cushion on the couch. Fridge in 1 of the studios was actually so dirty my daughter called housekeeping back in to take care of it. The latter was housekeeping, the 2 BR problems are upkeep in my opinion. We have been members since 1993, and this type of decline at OKW (which is where we have always loved to stay because of the size), along with the OKW new point assignments for 2010, are making us seriously consider selling.

While there may be some pretty tired rooms at BWV, we have not had one. We were there in Oct., beginning Dec. and end of Dec. - Jan. All rooms were fine.
I don't know when your BWV trip is scheduled, but a rehab of rooms is supposed to begin in May. The 10 year rehab date has arrived.

we're going in August so maybe we'll be lucky enough to score a "fresh" room.:)

While there may be some pretty tired rooms at BWV, we have not had one. We were there in Oct., beginning Dec. and end of Dec. - Jan. All rooms were fine.
I don't know when your BWV trip is scheduled, but a rehab of rooms is supposed to begin in May. The 10 year rehab date has arrived.
This has been our experience as well. We did notice that the BW view 2 bedroom we had a few years ago was a bit worn, but nothing like the OP described at OKW.

You can get a "problem" room at any DVC resort, although the chances of it at a brand new resort are much smaller.

OP - Hope your run of bad luck with rooms ends NOW!

Thanks, I do too. It's getting a little old, and honestly we love Disney. With the DVC we get to go so often that we don't commando parks anymore and really enjoy a leisurely stay actually at the resort. Which is why a "nice" room is high on our list.;)

So glad to hear BWV will be getting a much needed rehab! Where did you find this information?

So glad to hear BWV will be getting a much needed rehab! Where did you find this information?

When we were there in Dec. I asked 2 different maintenance guys about rehab and both told me May, 2009. Now that was a couple of months ago so who knows. Hopefully since the rehab is paid out of our dues the economic downturn will not affect the schedule. It will be interesting to see exactly what gets replaced in rooms. I am hoping that all appliances get the heave ho and that the TVs are replaced with flat panels.

I was at the BCV in begining of February. Our 2 bedroom was in good shape, and they where rehabbing a wing of units on the first floor by the quiet pool.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter