BC vs. BWI

LoveMyBoys

DIS Veteran
Which one would you pick? With this new promo we're thinking about going, we love the Epcot area, and I can get either the BC or BWI for the same price, both standard rooms. I've read that the BWI rooms are newly remodeled and am leaning because of that. Has the BC had any updates done recently? So tell me what you think. Thanks.

Just back from BC and they are in the process of updating rooms. New bedding and curtains. Very pretty but maybe a little less disney looking than before. Now a duvet with a bed scarf. New curtains are beautiful large stripe and so heavy we actually overslept once because the room was so dark. Wish I would have taken pitures but surely somebody has photos of new design. I like the location better and the pool is better at BC. The theme pool is actually pretty far from most rooms at the BWI. The walk to epcot is also shorter from BC if that matters to you, and we have had 2 standard view rooms at BC that actaully had views of Epcot/illuminations at night.

Just back from BC and they are in the process of updating rooms. New bedding and curtains. Very pretty but maybe a little less disney looking than before. Now a duvet with a bed scarf. New curtains are beautiful large stripe and so heavy we actually overslept once because the room was so dark. Wish I would have taken pitures but surely somebody has photos of new design. I like the location better and the pool is better at BC. The theme pool is actually pretty far from most rooms at the BWI. The walk to epcot is also shorter from BC if that matters to you, and we have had 2 standard view rooms at BC that actaully had views of Epcot/illuminations at night.

Can I ask what type of room you had? Was it a concierge or standard view or waterview? Just wondering if all the rooms will be upgraded or just the more pricier ones.

thanks so much!

We stayed at the BWI last month and it was incredible, totally redone room with a view of France and watched the fireworks every night, view of the quiet pool that no one used, super clean, super quiet and the best location ever.

We stayed at the BC about 7 years ago and it was ok...that place is always so crazy loud and busy. DH wants to try it again in Oct but I booked the BWI anyways...sshhh dont tell on me ;)

All the rooms at the BC have just been refurbished except for two suites.

We found the BC to be much more hectic than the BW and a lot more spread out. That said, Stormalong Bay at the BC is fantastic - like a mini water park.

Not sure when you are planning to go, but they will be refurbishing sections of the pool from Jan 5th until the end of March - mid April. Also, while the quiet pools are open 24 hours, SAB does have seasonal hours. When we were there 2yrs ago in Sept, the pool closed at 6PM.

The location of both places is great. We just prefer the size and quiet of the BWI a little more.

Enjoy!

Thanks everyone, I have decided on BWI. We are going in February, so I am not sure if the weather will cooperate when it comes to swimming.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter