BC or CBR for Legally Blind Dad?

bosspaige

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

I am in a dilemma and was hoping you could help me. My father is 80 and considered legally blind. He can see enough to sort of find his way around places. We were originally looking into the CBR but it seems so spread out that I am afraid if he wanted to go get a cup of coffee or sit by the pool he would get totally lost. So, we were thinking of staying at the Beach Club instead as it seems like it would be easier to navigate but it is obviously more expensive (although we do have a friend that is getting us a discount). Any ideas or suggestions?

-Andrea

You could pay extra for a room in the preferred villages at CBR. They are close to the food court.

Welcome to the DIS.

Welcome to DIS!!! I would highly recommend ANY hotel that has inside room entry...then explain to the CM's when booking your trip that your father is blind and would need the easiest access to the coffee or places you know he'll want to go.

Of the two you suggested I would go with Beach Club...Boardwalk Inn is also nice and compact.

HAve a great time!
Tara

safetymom said:
You could pay extra for a room in the preferred villages at CBR. They are close to the food court.

Welcome to the DIS.
::yes::

I would second the votes for the BC...think it would be much easier to navigate than any of the moderates due to multiple buildings and outside corridors. The WL might also be a good option (and less expensive than BC)...seems smaller, all services are in the lobby, there is planty of seating in the lobby if he wanted to be out of the room more, pool is right there too. Main advantage to BC would be easy walking access to EPCOT and boats to MGM.

I would say BC too, or any of the resorts that are enclosed. I think it would be easier for him to find his way around and if he gets lost it will be easy enough to find someone where as at CBR or one that is outside and more spread out there arent to many CM's out on the grounds.

BC vote here. A few years ago we did a hugh family trip and my 98 year old great grandmother was with us. This was her first trip to WDW and we went all out for her. She was in very good health but her eyes were not. We had a room right by the elevator so she knew exactly how to get around once downstairs. We always went in and out the same way so she felt comfortable navigating on her own. What a wonderful trip we had! Enjoy your time!!!

I also vote BC, and also would inform the desk of the situation to insure you get a room closer to the activity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter