Bats....

Do you skip the bat enclosure at Animal Kingdom?

• Yes

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • No

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters
Love the bats! They're so awesome. We have a bat exhibit at our local animal park also and we spend tons of time in there.

Baby bats swaddled in blankets are the most adorable things.

I love the bat area. It's really beautiful in there. Since bats give some people the heebie jeebies, I won't post any pictures of them. But perhaps these signs posted in the area might help change your minds. :)

DSCF3542.JPG

I love bats and would spend even more time watching them than I already do, if my traveling companions would oblige.

We live in an area (southeast Missouri) where there are lots of caves and, thus, lots of bats. They don't bother me at all - in fact, I appreciate them. They eat bugs, and that's a plus in my book! One of these days I'm going to build, or buy, a bat house and put it out back to cut down on the bugs.

The bats are my favorite part of that trail. They are so awesome! Bats are very cool creatures, and while they shouldn't be kept as pets, in the hands of a properly trained keeper they can be very good tempered. Check out some flying fox feeding videos on YouTube. Adorable!

I think bats are cool. I've even slept underneath hibernating bats while caving in Southern Indiana as a youth. Indiana cave bats are also pretty cute and about the size of a mouse.

11908827503_37a20dd728_o3-940x626.jpg

Bats are amazing creatures. I don't particularly want to meet them close up, but I would not balk at a bat colony near my house. We have tons of mosquitos and other bugs I'd like them to chomp on.

I think bats are cool. I've even slept underneath hibernating bats while caving in Southern Indiana as a youth. Indiana cave bats are also pretty cute and about the size of a mouse.

11908827503_37a20dd728_o3-940x626.jpg

Looks like you got you a little pipistrelle there. He's cute! I have seen them caving in Kentucky and Arkansas. They mostly just hang there and sleep. You can get a real close look at them sometimes, but you are not allowed to touch them.

Looks like you got you a little pipistrelle there. He's cute! I have seen them caving in Kentucky and Arkansas. They mostly just hang there and sleep. You can get a real close look at them sometimes, but you are not allowed to touch them.
We never messed with the bats. We only caved in the winter to minimize the chance of being trapped due to flooding and hibernating bats that are disturbed will often "wake up" and then die due to starvation. That's a photo off of Google.

We never messed with the bats. We only caved in the winter to minimize the chance of being trapped due to flooding and hibernating bats that are disturbed will often "wake up" and then die due to starvation. That's a photo off of Google.

Oh yeah, that bat has a tag on his wing, so he's obviously a kept critter and in no danger. I thought you were getting some up-close time with one, which would be awesome. The wild bats shouldn't be messed with. Where I have caved have all bee on National Parks land and they are very serious about not disturbing the ecosystem or the bats (not to mention what they could transmit to a human).

Caving in the winter is the best. People always ask if it'll be too cold. Not in the cave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter