• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Baths at VG later in day

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
Has anyone done the baths on their own, not first thing in the morning? Seems all the reviews I read people take the 7:45am ferry to beat the excursions. I assume the excursions go fairly early so I am wondering if it may work out ok to take the 10:40 ferry over and the 3:30 ferry back. That way DH and the birthday boy could biplane (on their own as well) first thing to beat those crowds. Possibly this would have us arriving at the Baths when some of the early birds are heading out too??
The excursion is sold out for our sailing, so not sure what time it runs.

How late is the Fantasy in port? I would want to allow time to get back from the ferry. Most people go early to provide this cushion.

How late is the Fantasy in port? I would want to allow time to get back from the ferry. Most people go early to provide this cushion.

All aboard is 5:30. There is plenty of time as long as get on the 3:30 ferry. It is a 30 min ride and 10 min walk.

Yes. Do it in the early afternoon, it’s way better. We did it on our own. We arrived mid morning and went “the other way” to the beach first, which is the customary exit of the baths. We explored and relaxed at a few smal beaches over from the first one you see. Found a private one with no one there. Kids played in the water and sand. Ate some food we’d packed. Around 12:30 or maybe 1 o’clock we did the baths in so-called reverse. Others were doing this too. Felt like perhaps more going our direction actually by this afternoon time. Crowds were low. At the narrow parts that have ladders it was sort of like a two lane highway where one lane is closed without a flag person. You would wait for a few cars/climbers to pass before you go. Lots of chances to explore there without the line feeling that the midmorning can entail.

Transport back was well in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter