Bathroom ?

disneyw/kids

Mouseketeer
I might be a little overprotective here, but does anyone know if the public bathrooms on the ship have toilet seat covers? We got a horrible stomach virus while at Disney World and I have been paranoid ever since on every trip?

disneyw/kids said:
I might be a little overprotective here, but does anyone know if the public bathrooms on the ship have toilet seat covers? We got a horrible stomach virus while at Disney World and I have been paranoid ever since on every trip?

I haven't been on a cruise yet (my first is this Oct on the Magic! Woo HOO!) but I know how you feel. I found a pack of toilet seat covers at Target in the traveling section, they come 5 to a pack, and they were only $1, I get some everytime I'm in there and carry a pack with me wherever I go, especially when with the children. HTH :teeth:

disneyw/kids said:

I don't believe so...

But from my understanding, it's not whether or not you use a toilet seat cover, it's whether you wash your hands with soap and warm water for a couple of minutes after using the restroom, before handling food, etc. etc. etc.

CM's will be passing out hand sanitizer wipes upon entering any restaurant onboard.

...I am positive that all the public ladies' rooms had seat covers, so I expect the men's probably did too...I can ask DH for sure...We were on the March 4 Eastern Magic.

Lisa

I definitely remember seeing them in the bathroom on CC, but for the life of me, can't remember if I saw them in the public restrooms on board. I never use them, just take some tissue and wipe over the seat first. The restrooms on board were always incredibly clean and there was usually a staff member in the restroom to hand you a towelette or just waiting to clean up any mess you might make.

They were in the public restrooms onboard...at least the ladies room. :)

You are right that the handwashing and sanitizing is the important factor. The public restrooms are very well maintained and cleaned frequently. Yes, there were seat covers in August. More importantly, there are handwashing facilities in the restrooms and sanitizer dispensers in many locations throughout the ship. It's not a bad idea to teach the kids that when they pass a sanitizer dispenser, it is time to use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter