Bastille Day celebrations

scald

<font color=royalblue>I am a big girls blouse when
Hi there,

After booking our July trip, I realised we would be there on Bastille Day. Now, I know there is usually a more extravagant fireworks display on this day, but is there anything else normally? Was thinking of booking BBWWS for that evening to escape the park for a while on what will no doubt be a busy day...but don't want to book and then realise that we are missing something spectacular in teh park.

If anyone has been on Bastille Day before, I'd appreciate any feedback so we can plan for the day...:thumbsup2

Hi,

We've been on Bastille Day a couple of days, purely by coincidence. It was a number of years ago, but all I can remember is that there is a hugh firework display in the evening, and they start to close the rides down quite a bit earlier, about 8pm if I remember right - even though the park stays open until after 11pm.

It was very, very busy in the evening and not much room to enjoy the fireworks to be honest. It took ages to get out of the park, so if you are going to be there for a few days anyway, I would reccomend booking to do something if you can.

Have a great trip, and remember the sun cream - always boiling in July!

xx

Great, thanks everyone. Think we will go ahead and book BBWWS for 6.30pm. This gives us a welcome break from the park which will probably be a bit mad then. Plan then is to take our time, do a bit of shopping maybe and head back into park for about 9pm to get ready for fireworks etc.

Does anyone know what time firework displays start at normally? I have been 5 times, but never managed to see a firework display:thumbsup2

We were there on Bastille day 2 years ago-day as normal in the park, think candleabration was 11pm then the fireworks and music-they were great-definately worth seeing. Park however was packed for the fireworks so it took a loooong time to leave (although kids were asleep in buggy by this time) but think we finally got back to Sequoia Lodge at around 12.45!

But.....when we did Mickey magic hours in the morning the park was absolutely dead it was great. Even though it was mid July Park didnt start getting busy until about 11am -everyone was obviously having a long lie after the night before.:)

Thats great thanks. Good tip about the following morning. I am somewhat tempted to watch fireworks from back at hotel or at the lake and then get to bed quickly to take advantage of that. I don't think the kiddies could stay awake that long and I hate trying to get out of teh park in that scrum. A few years ago we went in December and after Fantillusion, it took amost an hour to get from just outside Walts to Fantasia Gardens:scared1:

I'm hoping to go to DLP for my birthday which is Bastille Day. I've always wanted to go to Paris on my birthday & I wanted to go to WDW on my birthday. So, I guess I can catch two wishes with one swoop!

I'm subbing into this thread because we are going to be there for Bastille Day as well. Just by coincidence, but now I'm extra-excited!

Hi we were at DLP for Bastille day in 2006 during the day i noticed it was a little busier but not too bad that we could not do anything. In the evening it was the first day of the fanatallusion parade followed by the Bastille day firework show. it was a really good night but busy. If your staying in one of the Disney hotels (except DCR) i would suggest walking back to your hotel (if you can) because it was so busy on the busses we would have been there all night waiting.

Cheyenne July 2006
Cheyenne June 2007
Cheyenne Sept 2008
Still planning

I will be there for Bastille day too!

I am booking a lakeside room at NBC, so will be watching the fireworks from there (my 5 year old would never last until midnight).

However, I have heard that some restaurants close for Bastille day and for a day or two afterwards - can anybody confirm this?

Booking Buffalo Bills sounds like a good idea for that night - we could have a DIS boards convention there!

The lady on the booking line though it a good idea too!!!! She said the park gets fairly packed from 5pm onwards in anticipation of the fireworks etc. We will go to the 6.30 pm show, do a small amount of shopping and maybe head back to park about 9pm to get a spot:thumbsup2

By the way, posted on another thread that I go a good deal on the booking. Gate price is 208 Euro, shareholders price 172 Euro. But because I booked in sterling, I benefited from the exchange rate and paid just £136, which amounted to just over 150 Euro. Might be worth bearing in mind for those outside of the UK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter