Basic Itinerary. Help and Critiques Welcomed

LadyDiznee123

DIS Veteran
Hello All:

Below I have posted an early itinerary to get myself organized since I am a mega-planner.
Keep in mind that you may see things repeated... only because - while I seem rigid, I am still factoring in different days to do a given activity - rather than presuming it will be done on one given day or time.

Here is the quick backstory (sorry some of you may have read this in another post... but the backstory is needed) Here it is:

Visited Disney 97 98 99 00. Low crowd season. Had a blast. Walked on Rides. Did everything, including good downtime.

Fast forward 2015: I visit again after too long of an absence. Food and Wine is not longer new. MNSSHP not so new. Crowds were a nightmare. I realized I was out of sorts. I got no down-time. No time to slow down and smell the roses at my resort - to relax for even two hours, and I really enjoyed my stay at POP (what little time I was actually there). Had too many ADR's and not enough "Disney" time. I got smart and cancelled remaining ADRs and my last three days were heaven. Before that I was just running, running, running.

Now... I don't want to make the mistake I made in 2015. Biggest one was that I should have done rope drops (never been used to doing them... because never had the need). But I believe now that doing the rope drop will enhance my stay by getting my favorite rides out of the way early and still going to enjoy the parks in all of the other ways to enjoy them. Also will allow me some downtime at my resort or to take a short map. I did not believe in setting clocks on vacation. I am not a morning person. But I am willing to set a clock to do rope drops.. if it means i will get the most out of my stay. BIG ROPE DROP QUESTION: I have heard of a crowds coming in so early that it wasn't even worth it. But even if thats true... I need to be there when the park opens to still get the most of my stay. I failed to do in 2015. Not going to happen again. Setting a clock... and getting moving!

I am welcoming any advice that anyone can add to this based upon my backstory. I am typing this very quickly, so I hope I am making sense.

I know that some things have changed... like the parade is now at 2pm.

Best to all!

PS - DAY ONE IS A REST DAY... because i will be up at 3am in the morning. In 2015 I made the mistake of doing EMH and getting to bed at 330 am. This hindered me all the through to the remaining days. I don't want to make this mistake again. DAY ONE... MUST be a rest / get to bed early day.. and then rope drop blast off for day two!
Thanks guys!

DISNEY ITINERARY AND PARK HOURS
POP CENTURY RESORT!!!

NOTE: See if you can fit in a Cirque evening.

DAY ONE Thurs NOV 2ND
ARRIVAL DAY. RESORT REST UP AND DO DAYTIME DISNEY SPRINGS. Going only to DHS and to do TOT perhaps! You may have time to go to EPCOT to pick up your Passport and organize your stickers. You have 8 hours between arrival time and 8pm – when you start getting ready for bed. You have time for all of these things without rushing: EPCOT, TOT and DS. If you get home to resort earlier – even better. Just get ready for bed!
You can go to EPCOT then catch boat to DHS (or vice versa), do TOT and then ON TO DISNEY SPRINGS. Take your time! Buses to DS from resorts are all day. But buses to DS from parks begin at 4pm.
HOLLY WOOD STUDIOS: 9 TO 8PM / EPCOT 9 to 10
Important not to take a nap or go to bed too early. Bed time should be 10 or 11. Relax and enjoy whatever activity you will get out of the day. Set clock for 6:00 to be out by 700. Can get tea or breakfast at resort quickly. Rope drop at 9. 8-830 they let you in to the main street area.
EMH - EPCOT IN THE AM

DAY TWO – FRI - NOV 3RD
MK ONLY – ROPE DROP: 9 to 9 (8am entry)
FP’s for late afternoon / evening only
(parade at 3pm – Happily Ever After is at 9)
GO HOME AND GET TO BED EARLY AGAIN AFTER FIREWORKS.
DON’T FORGET MEETING CHARACTERS!

EMH HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS IN THE AM

DAY THREE – SAT NOV 4TH
MK ROPE DROP: 9 to 9 (parade at 2 – Happily fireworks 9)
MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL YOUR CHARACTERS. Get in a Deluxe Resort Ferry Ride if you are in the mood or have the time. Then you can get Monorail to Epcot from there.!
Character breakfast at crystal palace (???)
EPCOT – 9 to 10 / ILLUMINATIONS at 10 / WORLD SHOWCASE 11 to 10. NIX FP for ILLUMINATIONS.
DO FUTURE WORLD ONLY. YOU HAVE ROPE DROP FOR WORLD SHOWCASE TOMOR. YOU CAN DO ILLUMINATIONS AT 10PM. Pick up your Passport book (if you didn't get it already - NOTE: You may be able to get passport book at EMPORIUM or WORLD OF DISNEY) and place in stickers before tomorrow. Head back to Resort for bed. No need to put anything else on your schedule.
CHARACTER SPOT / FP for rides for AFTER 12 Noon.

EMH IN THE AM – for ANIMAL KINGDOM

DAY FOUR – SUN – NOV 5TH
EPCOT ROPE DROP 9AM (8/9 to 10pm)– don’t forget rides in world showcase (Frozen & Mexico)... get the list of rides in showcase.
(character breakfast at Garden Grill) THEN STRAIGHT TO WORLD SHOWCASE (11 TO 9PM)
MK PARADE AT 2PM / HAPPILY 9PM
STRAIGHT TO WORLD SHOWCASE IN clockwise DIRECTION! Go back to room to rest (if needed) or back to MK or DHS or DS or AK. This is a good day to Dinner at Tappan Edo. Then can still go to DS.
ANIMAL KINGDOM: 9 TO 7 - River of Lights??? Deluxe Resort Boatride.
You should be done the world showcase by 2pm if you start at 11 am. (ASK DISers IF THIS TIMING IS RIGHT)
Do River of Lights or one of Pandora rides or Dinner at Tappan Edo at like 3 or 4 or 5. Then do DS or ROL. YOU ARE ONE PERSON... perhaps you can WALK-IN with ressies for TAPPAN EDO.

EMH DHS IN THE AM

DAY FIVE – MON – NOV 6TH
ANIMAL KINGDOM ROPE DROP: 9 TO 7 (this is an EMH day!)
HEAD STRAIGHT TO PANDORA.
DO PANDORA, DINOSAUR, EVEREST, KALI, SKIP SAFARI perhaps,
BACK TO EPCOT OR MK OR DS. Another good day to do Disney Springs in Evening.. I think DS better. Tappan Edo is better for Day Four at WORLD SHOWCASE because already there. Tappan Edo may be good for a walk-in since you will be only one person.

EMH - ANIMAL KINGDOM IN THE AM

DAY SIX – TUES NOV 7TH

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS: 9 TO 8 (TOT, COB SALAD, TOY STORY MANIA)
MK HOURS: 9 TO 9
MEET UP AT EPCOT ROSE AND CROWN.

EMH - EPCOT IN THE PM

BE DONE BY 4PM

DAY SEVEN – FRIDAY NOV 8TH – EXTRA DAY
HOLLYWOOD STUDIO, ANIMAL KINGDOM - WHATEVER
EMH ANIMAL KINGDOM INTHE AM

DAY EIGHT??? LORD LET'S HOPE SO!!!!

Last edited:
I'll take a shot.
Background is not at all necessary.
Disney World is busy and requires planning. As long as you know that, we don't need the background.
You have some thoughts and hours listed, not a plan.

You are going at a relatively "slow" time. But, you will not just "DO PANDORA, DINOSAUR, EVEREST, KALI, SKIP SAFARI perhaps".

Continue to research the attractions, restaurants and things you want to do and then prioritize them for each park.
Determine which park you should be in each day (based on shows, EMH, other events)
Plan for your FP strategy.
You will need some ADRs.
Yes, going at rope drop is still a good strategy.

Tell us where you are staying, who you are traveling with and if you will have a car.
Then list your priorities (attractions, restaurants, boat rides, pool time, rest time, etc) and you will get more feedback helping you with your plans.

Enjoy the planning.
Good luck.

It's not clear what you're actually planning each day because you have times for parades and shows for parks you don't appear to be in that day?

I'll try to interpret though...

Day 1 - I love doing a park on arrival day, but with 8 hours to play with, I would plan to do more in DHS than just TOT. Even if you want to spend a couple of hours at DS, you still have time for a good 3 or 4 hours at DHS first. I don't understand this comment at all: "Important not to take a nap or go to bed too early. Bed time should be 10 or 11". It's a travel day and you have an early morning planned the next day, if you want to have an early night to rest up, this would be the one to do.

Day 2 - First full day at MK is a great choice. I would recommend booking your fastpasses for earlier in the day that way you will have more opportunity to book day of fastpasses after those first 3 are used up.

Day 3 - My personal preference is to spread out my park visits, so I don't do the same park back to back, normally. I would mix up your MK days more if it were me. I also don't see the need for a deluxe resort ferry ride unless you are going to one of these resorts for a reason (like a meal), it will just end up eating up way too much potential park touring time. Your hop to EP is well placed, easy to do from MK. I would suggest you do the WS on this half day/evening visit to EP. You asked if 3 hours is sufficient and it can be, but you can easily spend more time as well. If you spend the half day in WS on this day, then you can always double back and do a bit more time there on your 2nd EP day. You'll get more bang for your early morning buck if you RD and to FW stuff anyway since most of WS (Frozen is the exception) won't open until 11:00 anyway.

Day 4 - 2nd EP day (same comment as earlier, I prefer to space my parks and not do back to back). I would try to get an early PPO ADR at Graden Grill and then head straight to Soarin' afterward and use your Tier 1 FP for Test Track. Spend as much time as you want touring FW and then go back to WS if there is stuff there you didn't see the day before. If you do an early dinner at Tepan Edo, you may be able to make AK for River of Lights depending on what the final hours are on when it gets booked. If you did Illuminations the night before at EP, then the hop to AK for Rivers of Light could work here.

Day 5 - Animal Kingdom and straight to Pandora is good. FP one of the Pandora rides and RD the other. You could leave the evening free and play it by ear on which park to hop to based on your mood and what park you feel you need more time in. This could also be a good spot to put in Cirque (will it be there then? I know La Nouba is shutting down, not sure of the timing).

Day 6 - is that a RD at HS and a meetup at Rose & Crown all wrapped up by 4? No evening plans that day? If not, then this could also be a good Cirque spot.

Day 7 - extra day. I would personally take a guess at what park you think you may want to be at and book FP there just in case. You can always change them, but if you are looking for a tough to get FP it can't hurt to take a guess at it.

I'll take a shot.
Background is not at all necessary.
Disney World is busy and requires planning. As long as you know that, we don't need the background.
You have some thoughts and hours listed, not a plan.

You are going at a relatively "slow" time. But, you will not just "DO PANDORA, DINOSAUR, EVEREST, KALI, SKIP SAFARI perhaps".

Continue to research the attractions, restaurants and things you want to do and then prioritize them for each park.
Determine which park you should be in each day (based on shows, EMH, other events)
Plan for your FP strategy.
You will need some ADRs.
Yes, going at rope drop is still a good strategy.

Tell us where you are staying, who you are traveling with and if you will have a car.
Then list your priorities (attractions, restaurants, boat rides, pool time, rest time, etc) and you will get more feedback helping you with your plans.

Enjoy the planning.
Good luck.

Thanks so much wdw&sonny... I will reply furher shortly!!

It's not clear what you're actually planning each day because you have times for parades and shows for parks you don't appear to be in that day?

I'll try to interpret though...

Day 1 - I love doing a park on arrival day, but with 8 hours to play with, I would plan to do more in DHS than just TOT. Even if you want to spend a couple of hours at DS, you still have time for a good 3 or 4 hours at DHS first. I don't understand this comment at all: "Important not to take a nap or go to bed too early. Bed time should be 10 or 11". It's a travel day and you have an early morning planned the next day, if you want to have an early night to rest up, this would be the one to do.

Day 2 - First full day at MK is a great choice. I would recommend booking your fastpasses for earlier in the day that way you will have more opportunity to book day of fastpasses after those first 3 are used up.

Day 3 - My personal preference is to spread out my park visits, so I don't do the same park back to back, normally. I would mix up your MK days more if it were me. I also don't see the need for a deluxe resort ferry ride unless you are going to one of these resorts for a reason (like a meal), it will just end up eating up way too much potential park touring time. Your hop to EP is well placed, easy to do from MK. I would suggest you do the WS on this half day/evening visit to EP. You asked if 3 hours is sufficient and it can be, but you can easily spend more time as well. If you spend the half day in WS on this day, then you can always double back and do a bit more time there on your 2nd EP day. You'll get more bang for your early morning buck if you RD and to FW stuff anyway since most of WS (Frozen is the exception) won't open until 11:00 anyway.

Day 4 - 2nd EP day (same comment as earlier, I prefer to space my parks and not do back to back). I would try to get an early PPO ADR at Graden Grill and then head straight to Soarin' afterward and use your Tier 1 FP for Test Track. Spend as much time as you want touring FW and then go back to WS if there is stuff there you didn't see the day before. If you do an early dinner at Tepan Edo, you may be able to make AK for River of Lights depending on what the final hours are on when it gets booked. If you did Illuminations the night before at EP, then the hop to AK for Rivers of Light could work here.

Day 5 - Animal Kingdom and straight to Pandora is good. FP one of the Pandora rides and RD the other. You could leave the evening free and play it by ear on which park to hop to based on your mood and what park you feel you need more time in. This could also be a good spot to put in Cirque (will it be there then? I know La Nouba is shutting down, not sure of the timing).

Day 6 - is that a RD at HS and a meetup at Rose & Crown all wrapped up by 4? No evening plans that day? If not, then this could also be a good Cirque spot.

Day 7 - extra day. I would personally take a guess at what park you think you may want to be at and book FP there just in case. You can always change them, but if you are looking for a tough to get FP it can't hurt to take a guess at it.

Thanks Gillian:

I am going to hit you back later at length, but will try to explain day one right now.
In 2015 the first day was what killed me. I had been up since 3 am in NYC... and after extra magic hours didnt get to bed until 330. This was a big mistake. I am sorry that I failed to note that in my preface back story. That was a big deal. This time day one MUST be used for more rest... And to go into day two in rope drop blast off!

Hit you back later! Thanks so much!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter