Based on Blondie's Hooters Post...

Beauty

DIS Veteran
John-Cole asked for a poster of a women in a bikini at K-Mart last night. She was very attractive and wasn't hanging out of the bikini.....It was a tasteful bikini poster (Okay yall laugh at me!!). I told him he could have it but since we were moving we should wait until we get in his new room. He was okay with that. Then he says,

"Mom I can't believe you were going to let me have that poster."

I said "Who am I to tell you you can't have half dressed women hanging in your room."

He laughed, I laughed and that was it....

He will be 11 in less than a month and I can already see the hormones knocking at the door.....I don't know...I want to be very open with him....I want him to feel like he can talk to me about anything. I think me saying "yes" to the poster even though we didn't end up with it really surprised him, and I still don't know if it was the right thing or not.

Allen used to have a half naked woman on our bedroom wall. I heard him say over and over again "I can't believe you let me put that up". I never said anything about it (other than he should've picked one that was more endowed than I am:p ). He finally couldn't stand the fact it didn't make me mad, so he took it down.:p

I haven't encountered posters like that with my kids yet. Sara had the BackStreet Boys and N'Sync for awhile, but they had on winter clothes. Dakota just wants a Pokemon or Scooby poster.:)

I guess you can say "I saw it coming" John-Cole has a Brittney Spears poster that is out there and then he has a really cute on of Mary Kate and Ashley but he has been wanting the posters with the FINE GIRLS (his words) so I should have known it wouldn't be long.

John has a stack of playboys somewhere and I've actually read them...I find some of it funny and nope it doesn't bother me in the least. I know hes not going anywhere. On the other hand John's brothers wife won't even let him go eat at Hooters. I think thats kind of sad because men are going to look at women just like we are going to look at men. Its normal....I'll look at a good looking man anyday but I'm not leaving my DH for them.

Not MK & A! They're cute, but oh! They get on my nerves. Sara wants to be just like Ashley.:rolleyes:

I'd go with HEIDI........but be prepared........the very sight of her has been known to warp 11 yr old boy's minds forever:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ........

hk12.jpg

This is just my opinion....

I have 2 DSs...14 and 11.... and I think they know better than to even ask for a poster of a woman in a bikini.

We speak openly about hormones, puberty, etc., on a regular basis and they do talk to us about personal things at times. They know that we realize that one day they will be very interested in girls...

However....and like I said, this is just MY (well, DH and mine) personal opinion.... I don't approve of a child having a poster of a woman in a bikini hanging up in their bedrooms. No matter the age, I won't let them hang up a poster like that ever. They have posters hanging up right now; they both have world maps, they have blacklight posters, Star Wars posters, poster from the movie The Matrix, DS11 has a Tenchi (cartoon) poster, posters they've painted themselves, etc.

Beauty, please don't be offended by my difference of opinion. Just wanted to share mine here :) You sound like a good mom and your son sounds like a great kid :)

Seaspray,

No I'm not at all offended!! Thats why I posted to see differences of opinions. I don't know how I would feel if we had actually gotten the poster and I had seen it on his wall everyday. It did shock him though that I said "yes" I could tell that. We will see how long it takes for him to ask again or if this was a "lets test my mom" occasion.

Right now he has Brittney, Mary Kate and Ashley, a U.S.A. flag, a Mississippi State Flag and a HUGE Jeff Gordon door poster.

We will actually see how this progresses...to me he is interested in girls WAY to early.....I was still playing with Barbie dolls at age 11!! Heck I think I was still playing with Barbie dolls at age 14:)

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I know both my daughter's are really embarrassed that I do the ladies post. Both offer their opinions on the pictures, but the fact that their mom does this is a little much. lol

Beauty, if he wants to bring in a teenaged car theme, then I'd suggest ELSA;) ;) ;) .........

2.jpg

LOL, I won't have this problem. With two DD's, we will have to deal with half nekkid men (llloooonnngg way off).

On the other hand John's brothers wife won't even let him go eat at Hooters. I think thats kind of sad because men are going to look at women just like we are going to look at men. Its normal....I'll look at a good looking man anyday but I'm not leaving my DH for them.

I think it is too bad about John's brother. For exactly your last statement. The opposite is true too.

Originally posted by browneyes
Allen used to have a half naked woman on our bedroom wall. I heard him say over and over again "I can't believe you let me put that up". I never said anything about it (other than he should've picked one that was more endowed than I am:p ). He finally couldn't stand the fact it didn't make me mad, so he took it down.:p

LOL........:p :p :p :p

Heather actually it wasn't James's (John's brother) idea to go to Hooters. It was just a group of friends and one of the husbands suggested Hooters...actually because of the food (I'm sure James wouldn't have a problem looking...nor would John) but the whole thing was brought up because of good appetizers....well this guy suggested it and everyone was agreeing and Val just had a FIT! There was no way her husband was going to do that.....I don't know seems a little extreme to me......she also had a fit when John wanted to show James a picture of Chyna from WWF in playboy....maybe I'm too liberal but I know if someone said Hey Kurt is in Playgirl...I'm looking:) :p :p :p :p :p

My son roomed with 4 other guys last year, his senior year in college. I was at the apartment only a handful of times. They guys had bikini posters all over the bedroom walls. That was their apartment, that was fine. Now he's graduated and moved back home, and he better not even think about putting them up in my house.
For one thing, it's offensive to my 18 year old daughter and makes her uncomfortable.
And to tell you the truth, if he would have asked at age 11, the answer would have been NO.

My sons never asked for posters, but would hide dads playboys under their beds. One time I pulled an old issue out from there when I was cleaning. I went to my son and said, I have to tell you real breasts don't look anything like this. They are closer to the ones in National Geographic and that you can read openly in the living room. lol He was embarrassed but laughed.

Wanting to look at naked people of the opposite sex is normal natural and healthy. I think when parents make a huge deal out of it is when it does become unhealthy.

My DS had a picture of a Ferarri on his wall.....minus the model ;) (he didn't want the car to be covered up).:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lucky4me~

My sons never asked for posters, but would hide dads playboys under their beds. One time I pulled an old issue out from there when I was cleaning. I went to my son and said, I have to tell you real breasts don't look anything like this. They are closer to the ones in National Geographic and that you can read openly in the living room. lol He was embarrassed but laughed.

OMG, that is TOO funny! I am ROTFLMAO! :p

Originally posted by Lucky4me
I have to tell you real breasts don't look anything like this. They are closer to the ones in National Geographic

Lucky, since EROS has never seen an issue of National Geographic, could you describe for me what REAL BREASTS actually look like????????;);) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Eros,
I think the "breasts" she is referring to are,
Well,
They look like a pair of sweatsocks with a grapefruit in the end
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
At least the ones I remember from the Nat.Geog. at grammies house:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter