Barbecue Restaurant Featuring Craft Brews to Debut at Epcot's American Adventure

I hope they get the craft beer right also. I would hate to see sam adams,stella and modelo be disneys offering of craft beer.
My guess is that they will get some from Tampa and Miami as well as local brews to start.

The challenge will be keeping up with the quantity that will be demanded by the volume of people that go through Epcot each day while maintaining the quality that true BBQ demands. I have no problem with a good BBQ place running out of something, that tells me they were doing it right not rushed. Time will tell how good it is, and what's on the menu. I too would love to see a variety of regional sauces offered, serving the meat unsauced is important.
I have a few food allergies so being able to order some good, plain, smoked meats would be fabulous!!

My girlfriend and a few others got a kick out of me sleeping in the France show. I want to go again on this Summer's trip to actually watch it.
It is actually a good movie. Not much of a classical music fan but it fits nicely with the movie. A cup of coffee before is essential though. :)

I like the idea of a variety of options. DH and I also do BBQ and are working on our recipes. We have our ribs and brisket figured out but not the pulled pork or chicken yet. (Competition rules). A sampling of regional Q sounds great. Wonder if the smoker situation will allow for different woods....

While I look forward to the replacement of Liberty Inn, I approach the whole enterprise with caution.

Disney does not do "authentic" when it comes to food. It goes for "mass appeal". I would not expect it to make much of a grade with BBQ snobs... by that I mean people who "know their BBQ".

I'm from New Jersey... I never eat "pizza" at Disney LOL

While I look forward to the replacement of Liberty Inn, I approach the whole enterprise with caution.

Disney does not do "authentic" when it comes to food. It goes for "mass appeal". I would not expect it to make much of a grade with BBQ snobs... by that I mean people who "know their BBQ".

I'm from New Jersey... I never eat "pizza" at Disney LOL
Much truth in your post on the current state of BBQ at WDW. We'll have to agree to disagree on VN's Neapolitan style pies but much of the other "pizza stuff" strikes me as pretty darned sad;).

Good point @Debbie Jean for the masses they will probably enjoy this, just like they enjoyed the previous hamburger & hot dogs. The key factor ins all of this is this is a Disney owned and operated restaurant, as far as we know. Where as many of the better places around Epcot are operated under contract by outside vendors. Time will tell.

I wish they would also add a table service restaurant representing the best of American cuisine.

Like what though? Basically everything in WDW is American food or American takes on food.

I can't think of what is not already portrayed that is "American". It also would be way to hard to have a single restaurant try and do every major style of food as it's way to big of a menu.

I can't imagine they'd be able to do something like a real brisket at QS prices with the Disney markup... when medicore burgers are $15+ can you imagine how much brisket would be? Double that I'd guess.

I'm betting small servings of ribs and pulled pork - something more like flame tree bbq than real bbq. But I guess we will see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter