Banking Points

DisneyNewbie76

Earning My Ears
I'm putting this here as I don't know where exactly to post it...My question is about building up points. How often can I bank points? Do unused points automatically rollover to the next year? Do points ever actually expire?

What is your use year? You need to bank points by the banking deadline. Unused points do not automatically roll over. Points expire at the end of the use year.

With banking and borrowing you can combing three years worth of points if needed.

I'm putting this here as I don't know where exactly to post it...My question is about building up points. How often can I bank points? Do unused points automatically rollover to the next year? Do points ever actually expire?

You can bank your points only once to the next year and only in your banking window. Lets say you bank your 100 2017 points to 2018 use year, you now have 200 2018 points but only 100 are bankable to 2019. Come the end of that use year you can only bank the 100 2018 point to 2019 your other 100 points technically your 2017 points will expire if not used they are not bankable again. Does that make sense?

You can bank your points only once to the next year and only in your banking window. Lets say you bank your 100 2017 points to 2018 use year, you now have 200 2018 points but only 100 are bankable to 2019. Come the end of that use year you can only bank the 100 2018 point to 2019 your other 100 points technically your 2017 points will expire if not used they are not bankable again. Does that make sense?

Yes.

If your trying to “save” as many points as possible to use on a single vacation....... you can use 3 years worth of points if properly planned by using banked points, your current years points and even borrow from the coming years points.

Hope this helps.

A bit of clarification. You can bank points only from one use year to the next. The act of banking must be done by the end of the eighth month of your use year from which you are trying to bank points (e.g. if you have a Feb use year, banking must be done by end of Sep the same year). As long as you follow that rule, you can bank multiple times, e.g., some points at 4 months into use year, more at 5 months, and then the rest at 7 months.

Once banked the points must be used for a trip that ends no later than the end of the use year into which the points have been banked, or they will be lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter