• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Banked and UY

tacomaranch

Tacoma Ranch home of wild mustangs! We are all on
We closed on our contract and it says it has 36 points banked from 2006. Our UY is April.

Do these points need to be used by March 31 of this year?

Sorry, now my questions are all about being a newbie to DVC rather than the buying stage.

It depends upon what exactly is going on with those points.

If they were banked from 2005 to 2006, yes, they will have to be used by March 31, 2007, or lost.

If they are 2006 points, you still have a banking window, and could bank them (depending upon the total size of your contract and any previous banking) in to the April 2007 use year.

Or, have they already been banked FROM 2006 to 2007, in which case they need to be used between Apr 1, 2007 and March 31, 2008.

Thanks Chuck,

6 were banked from 2005 and the other 30 banked from 2006.

How many times can points be banked in a year? Can you keep banking and roll them over? I know we won't use the 6 since they have to be used now but could we bank them again? If not, what can we do with them? Transfer, sell?

I thought the questions ended but an entire new set have now started since we have closed and don't really understand the system.

Thanks, April

Hi Lucy,

It finally happen. I brought the money with me to Disney and Jerry from TSS picked it up at the resort. I guess we closed on the 17th and now we wait to get into the DVC system.

The trip was wonderful but I was so tired at the end. So was little Hunter! On the day to rest my DD was with us and she only had 3 days so we had to keep going. The aide I took with us for Hunter is Mormon and would not go to the parks or work for me on Sunday so we were on our own and tired!

It was a great trip and we had so much fun. We put folded napkins in Hunter's shoes because he was a card away from 40". He went on Big thunder mountain, soarin, and even Tower of Terror! He is such a thrill seeker and loved every minute and I loved seeing him so happy.

Thanks for all the help, you are the best!!!

April

You can not transfer banked points, and since 6 points isn't enough even for a night in a studio, there is no way to rent them, nor can they be banked again. Points can only be banked one year. :( The only opther option for those 6 points would be to borrow points from your 2007 use year to make enough for a one night reservation, if someone needs it...all in all probably more trouble than it is worth for 6 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter