Band People

EPCOTgrl1

DIS Veteran
How many people here are in band?

I am and have been This will be my 4th year in it. I am color guard. This year i am the tri captian. I am very exicted about this marching year. We have a great show... it has 6 movements. And Tood Marcocci is the writer. He is amazing show writer. This summer i am also going to DMA/color guard camp (if thats what you would like to call it. it is 4 entance days where you learn stuff to be a drum major or everything you need to know about sabre rifle or flag. If you go for color guard you have a show at then end. Also at this camp there is marching band, percussian, and twirling.

What about you?

Yes, Unfortunatly i will be joining the marching band this year....

Your not old enough to be in marching band are you? Run for you life so you don't have to join!!!! ;)

i am in the color guard i quit band b4 it was to late and i still joned somethinkg that marchis lol!!

I'm in marching band now:( ugg let's just say it's not my favorite thing to do. We have this guy who comes and "helps out"(he doesn't really)and he's like I'm not the devil and everyone's like yes you are! He is! I play trombone by the way

Actually I was talking to mickey Mouse kid... and roxter ya i know it sucks

I knew you were I was just saying because I never said I was...unfourtinatly I only get 4 more weeks off from band then more 9 hour brutal camp:mad: :( :earseek:

I'm in squads (colorguard) in the flag sqaud... my sister went to a camp like that last summer cuz she was captain.. all caps go to that camp and since i am only a soph. and only jun/sen can be caps im not going.. hopefully next year i will! right now i absolutely hate the summer pracs cuz all we r doing is DRILL and i cant stand drill esp in the summer weather!

We just call it gaurd. and the winter gaurd is well called winter gaurd lol. God I hate band camp alot. Well it's not all that bad at times but when it's hott outside it sucks

I am in the Chamber orchestra if that counts. By the way what is the color guard (soz don't have that thing in the UK so I have no clue to what ur talking about)?

They call it color guard beacuse we got the name from the people who guarded the flags. The flags where known as the color. And i dont know why we dont just say guard on here. i cant say i am a flag because i am a wepon too... so yea. I just call winter guard indoor because that is what it is people waving flags, rifles and sabres around inside.

our drum majors are very scary looking. One of them has puffy lips and she's mean and no one likes her!:rolleyes: :mad:

My DM is funny. The way he runs and he garbs different parts on his leg when he conducts (sp?) it is good fun. But the way that out director runs things is that even though you arnt friends with everyone you still really dont hate them all. and most of the time your friends with all the people in band. This is only because we go to band camp for a week and are force to meet and be nice to everyone. so all you people that only have a 9 hour band camp be happy. mine is 5 days long! day in day out with the same people 3 hours away from home!

wow! we had it for 3 weeks last month then we have it the end of this month and in August for like 6 hours! I'm friends with most of the people in band. Lots of them I don't talk to but I don't really hate anyone.

be thankful your band camp is only 5 days mine is 10days long and in 5hours long starting at 8am and ending at 1pm. and the best part is the first year marching people get food throne at them!! i was just exzagerating cause i am the firt year!!OH NO!!!

ugg we have it from like in the morning to 4:30 in the afternoon.and we get an hour lunch break. When my director talks his chin moves like an ocean(he's fat and he has like a triple chin) it's funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter