Baltimore airport parking question

Seabean

Mouseketeer
We live near Philly, but flying out of BWI this trip because the SouthWest flights were better.

Between leaving our car in the Long Term vs Express parking lots, is there any advantage to either one? (aside from the $2/day difference)

One might think that the Express lot is a little closer to the terminal, but I'm not sure. Are the shuttles about the same for both, or what?

Any suggestions from anyone familiar with this airport? (Our first time flying out of it) Thanks.

DS used to fly a lot for his job and always used long term. We have used it several times and took the shuttle without problem.

We have also used the private lots like Fast Park without problem.

We did a trip in June and we parked at Fast Park, not the airport. One party in our group parked at the airport and their return was a disaster. I think they didn't leave for like 2 hours after they landed. Definitely just our experiences but I personally will keep using Fast Park.

Most large airports have various choices for those 'park & fly' type places. Generally open 24/7 and their shuttle bus takes you directly from your car to the departure area (similar on the returns). I prefer using those places to walking through some dark parking garage on the property while dragging your luggage. Prices are usually lower then airport parking.

I also live near Philly and fly out of BWI alot. Last time I flew out of there in Oct, the long term lot wasn't open, that could be different now. We always park in the daily parking garage, which I believe is $2 more than the long term lot. We like the daily lot as it is a garage and our car is protected from the weather. I can't recall if the long term lot is. We've never had issues using the shuttle. I believe the longest we've ever waited is 20 min max. We find flying out of BWI much easier than flying out of Philly, especially with the limited parking available now at Philly airport.

We flew out of BWI two weeks ago. We usually use the long term parking lots, but this time we decided to use the daily lot and we liked it so much more. I believe it’s $12/day for the daily lot and $8/day for long term. The daily lot is covered and we feel like the busses come more frequently for the daily lot. That could be because the lot is closer to the airport so not as far to drive. For $4 more per day, we’ll keep using the daily lot.

I highly recommend using Parking Spot. There are two locations for BWI. I use West which is in Hanover. (Used to be Econopark Express). We use them every time we fly. It’s so convenient, they pick you up almost immediately when you park your car, drivers are great, and the wait is never long after landing for a pick up.

The long term parking at BWI is much, MUCH closer than the long term at PHL, and it's not to bad. But like workinmom above me posted, I also recommend the Parking Spot. We use them all the time at BWI (and will try them at PHL later this month). They have covered parking and pick you up & drop you off right at your car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter