• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Balcony or port hole

Spotsy

Earning My Ears
We are planning on going on one of the 2018 Alaska cruises and I was wondering if we should get a port hole or spring for a balcony. What is everyone's opinion? Thanks.

Everyone is different, but we love having a veranda. We have coffee out there every morning & we enjoy sitting out there at night with a drink & looking at the water.

That is a popular question, and I've read opinions both ways. We are taking our first family cruise also to Alaska in 2018 - I just booked it yesterday in fact. I simply couldn't make up my mind on the porthole or veranda. In the end, I went with the veranda. My thinking is that everyone says the scenery for Alaska cruise is incredible, especially during Tracy Arm day, and I can see us enjoying a large amount of time on our own veranda. If it's cold, we can bundle up and easily skirt in and out of our room.

Save your money on the veranda and spend it on excursions. See more of Alaska than you can from your cabin.

I'm struggling here. My mom and I are going to AK with my kids. They will be 13 and 14. I currently have a secret porthole and she has a 9A. Wondering if I should switch to an 11b and get her a 7a. Would be about $500 more total. Just wondering if the kids and I could manage in an 11b. Guess I could always shower at the gym. I know she'd love a balcony.

We chose a veranda on the recommendation of our TA for our very first cruise. Now we wouldn't sail any other way! I love sitting out there with a drink, watching the water or reading a book.

We are sailing the end of this August on Disney to Alaska. At first we had an oceanview room booked but then switched to verandah. It's a big chunk of change but I honestly think we will use it a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter