Baking Quesadillas

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
I found a recipe that calls for placing the quesadillas in a baking pan, then bake @ 350 for 7 minutes. I've always fried them in a pan on the stove, but much prefer not having to use oil. I was thinking of spraying the bottom of the pan with Pam, & spraying the top of the quesadillas with Pam or Fat Free Butter Spray. Has anyone ever prepared them in the oven? Are they crunchy enough? This is one of the few things I fry in oil, because my DH & DS like them crunchy. Will they be able to tell a big difference? TIA :)

I make sort of a tortilla pizza in a very hot oven - 450 - and they crisp up nicely with no added oil. I sometimes do Quesadillas in a nonstick pan with no oil too. They're probably not as crisp as if you use oil, but they hold together well in wedges and seem plenty crisp to me.

My favorite way to do them is in my George Forman and turn them part way through to get criss cross grill lines. I'm not a huge GF fan, but I do love doing Quesadillas in it. I never add oil.

They will crisp up in the oven, especially if you brush them with oil (or spray with pam). You may need to flip them to get them evenly crispy and browned.

I've never baked them, but I spray my pan with olive oil. (I have a Misto...I don't use Pam.) I've even done them w/o the spritz of oil...you just need to turn them more often. But they're always crispy! I can't imagine turning on the oven at this time of year. LOL

We always use the flour ones...I don't like the corn unless they're fried crisp & that seems to take longer than the flour. :confused3

Thanks for the replies. :) I made some w/ ground beef in the oven last night. They took longer to get crispy than 7 minutes. I baked them @ 350 for 7 min., then @ 450 for 3 min. I also made some for breakfast this morning with cream cheese & strawberry jam. We liked the later one, much better than the ground beef. We didn't care for how the ground beef turned out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter