Bahia Resort in San Diego

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
Any recent reviews of this hotel? I just checked Trip Advisor and it made me nervous...booked as a package with DL vacation for 3 nights..any recent feedback..is it too late to change hotels? Other recommendations in SD?
thanks

We stayed there in 1987! At that time the decor was a little dated (I hope it's been updated since then!), but the room was clean and the location is great. Our room looked out over Mission Bay which was wonderful.

Hey, I'm new, but my brother works in the restaurant there. I don't know about the rooms, but the restaurant area is very nice and the food was good too. (but nothing beats having your little brother wait on you hand and foot!) :teeth:

Not very recent but we stayed there for 2 nights in 1999. The rooms were VERY dated (threadbare carpet, 1950's bathroom fixtures - and I don't mean retro, etc.). And not nearly as clean as I'd have liked travelling with 2 toddlers (eg - so much sand in the carpet there might as well not have been carpet).

Overall I didn't feel like it was worth the price we paid - it wasn't overly expensive but I just felt filthy and like my babies were filthy the entire time we stayed.

That being said, it is very close to the beach which is it's one advantage.

If you want a recommendation for a FABULOUS place to stay nearby, my family and I stayed at the Paradise Point resort this past Thanksgiving and it was worth every penny! Don't get me wrong - it was a lot more $ than the Bahia but it was beautiful, clean, rooms (cabannas really) were newly redecorated and open out onto the water. Lots of activities on site.

My stay at the Bahia was in 1994 (not recent at all). We were actually staying at the Dana Inn and Marina, but found that hotel to be absolutely dirty, noisy (paper thin walls), etc. that we moved to the Bahia, which is where our friend's wedding was to be held. It was pricier than the Dana Inn, but was so much better. However, we were disappointed that we were paying around $170/night for the Bahia and it should have been a way better room than what it was. The carpet was worn, sheets old and bed spread faint from color, outdated decor, and so on. But the wedding feast from Bahia's restaurant was wonderful.

But we know better now. Our last trip to San Diego, we used Priceline.com and got the 4* Hyatt La Jolla (GORGEOUS!!!) for $58/night. It wasn't by the beach but we were close enough to I-5 and had a rental car that we drove to the beach and stayed in our luxury hotel for peanuts.

Just stayed accross the street from the BAHIA and had a customer who stayed thier a month ago. The BAHIA was clean but a little tired to use his words. We stayed at the HYATT REGENCY ISLANDIA which was nice but also was a little tired. The reason it worked so well is that we paid $82 per night via PRICELINE, then upgraded ( $50 per night) to the REGENCY CLUB but with 4 people, we ate breakfast eash morning, snacks ( soda, juice, etc) during the day and appetizers at nightthe upgrade was well worth it.
The down side with PRICELINE is you may not get the hotel you really want but if you have nerve, try it and bid ( after going on BIIDINGFORTRAVEL.COM)
and you might get pleasently surprised. We are from NJ and you will find parts of SAN DIEGO increadible and other parts that look like WILDWOOD or SEASIDE HGTS. We stayed in the MISSION BAY area and it wa the wasiest ( 15 min to zoo, 5 min to SEAWORLD, 45 min to LEGOLAND). I would not pay full price for the HYATT ISLANDIA but at $90 OR LESS PER NIGHT, IT WAS PERFECT and the room was large with great views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter