Bahamas Cruise in May?

Jujubee727

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We are looking into booking our first cruise and we are considering May because it would be the best timing for us. My concern though is the weather. I looked into it and I found that May is the start of the rainy season for the Bahamas. Can anyone who has cruised to the Bahamas in May share your experience with weather??

I would really appreciate it!!

TIA!

Our first DCL cruise was a 4 night bahamas in May of this year. It rained in the afternoon on our day in Nassau. Actually it evolved into a pretty nasty storm but moved in and out fairly quickly. The rain was actually welcome to us, it helped cool us down, walking around outside was so hot. The thunder and lightning were a hinderance to us getting back to the ship as we had pre-paid our return via water taxi from Paradise Island It didn't ruin the day by any means.

It was also rainy our day at sea, but the captain sailed us out of the storm and kept us rain free most of the day.

We went two different years in May and actually really like that time of year. The rain moves through very quickly. The weather we had was always in the upper 80's and sunny. When it did rain, it never was for a full day- more like an hour or two. Definitely didnt wreck anyones plans. I would definitely go again in May if I had the chance.

We've also gone twice in the beginning of May and love it. We had quite a downpour when we pulled into Castaway Cay, but by the time they were ready to let us off after breakfast the sun was coming out. This is our favorite time to go because the weather is usually perfect for us.

Maybe this doesn't count, but we did a 5 day last April and we got off the ship April 30th. Close enough in my mind.

We had hot lovely days to begin, then woke up on Nassau day and it was damp, muggy and rainy. Castaway Cay day was pouring rain with strong winds. At first we were one of the few families that even got off the ship. We missed CC our first cruise due to medical emergencies so were determined to make the best of it. On the rainy day, crew said later they ran out of ponchos for staff. The kids still swam, but nothing was dry. There weren't enough dry towels. It was damp most of the day, if not raining. But we made the best of it and enjoyed it.

I wouldn't not book a cruise because it might rain, just be prepared and don't let it ruin your trip if it happens!!

Glad to read these posts! We are sailing May 2nd to the Bahamas on our first cruise. We're so excited, I don't think weather could dampen our magic :goodvibes

Glad to read these posts! We are sailing May 2nd to the Bahamas on our first cruise. We're so excited, I don't think weather could dampen our magic :goodvibes

COOL - We are also going on the May 2nd cruise to Bahamas!! Sounds like you are just as excited as we are :woohoo: Here's to some beautiful weather coming our way :wave2:

We went May 5-8 last year on the Dream and the weather was perfect. It was a little too sunny on CC, to be honest, but it was a great improvement compared to our cloudy, raining Dec cruise.

We have gone 2 times in May on DCL for that trip. The weather we had was great! Smooth sailing, not too hot in port. I would have liked a little warmer water at CC, it was 72-76, a little chilly for us being from s fla.

A lot of very young kids on the ship, both times. We have teens , so we weren't around them but it made meals very, very loud.

We were on the May 1 sailing of the Dream last year and it never rained a drop. In fact, we barely saw clouds. The temps were perfect! We have May 26 booked on the Dream next year so hoping for similar weather.

Hello,

We are looking into booking our first cruise and we are considering May because it would be the best timing for us. My concern though is the weather. I looked into it and I found that May is the start of the rainy season for the Bahamas. Can anyone who has cruised to the Bahamas in May share your experience with weather??

I would really appreciate it!!

TIA!

our first three Disney cruises were in May- two 4 night Bahama cruises and a 7 day cruise that ended up in the bahamas due to swine flu in Mexico....beautiful weather on both 4 nighters....one day of clouds on the seven nighter....rain came in the morning we docked at CC but quickly left...May is the time to go!!

We did the 4-night Dream to Nassau in May 2011 and absolutely loved the weather. The day we were in Nassau was outstanding and very clear.

I think anytime it is warm enough to swim and enjoy the Bahamas is also the "rainy season."

I've done May 4x and the weather has generally been good. One year it was overcast for several days, but there is still plenty to do. There are plenty of times that it rained in the afternoon, but it wasn't the whole day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter