Bahamas Blue Lagoon dolphin swim question

ArtemisPhoenix

Mouseketeer
I keep seeing posts that talk about not being able to take pictures unless you’re paying to be on the viewing platform, and that they try to get you to buy the photo package. My DH does not want to do the swim, so he’s happy to be on the viewing platform while DS and DD and I do the swim. I’m just wondering if anyone knows how much the photo package costs and if it is worth it vs having him pay to be on the viewing platform. What do you get in the photo package? Can anyone give a review of it?

Because of how it's all setup, he likely won't get great pictures of you guys. We did the Sea Lion interaction and purchased a single photo, I think for $20-$30. My take is, even if it's expensive, you've come this far so why not? You paid for an expensive cruise and excursion, you might as well have nice photos to remember it by?

Because of how it's all setup, he likely won't get great pictures of you guys. We did the Sea Lion interaction and purchased a single photo, I think for $20-$30. My take is, even if it's expensive, you've come this far so why not? You paid for an expensive cruise and excursion, you might as well have nice photos to remember it by?
Good to know! Yeah, I feel the same. I’d like at least one good picture of each of us and as long as it’s not something crazy like $100 per person, I’m willing to pay for it. Do we have the option to decide at the end once we see the pictures?

We did this in 2016 so things may have changed since then. I can't remember how much it cost exactly, but I think it was around $150 for a digital package. It came on a USB drive and I think we picked 5 pictures that the staff took. Along with the pictures that we picked there were other things included on the USB drive. There was a video of our interactions with the dolphins. The video included the whole group, so it was my family plus the other random people there that day. I didn't find that to be too annoying, I just fast forward past the people I don't know. There was also 50-60 stock photos of Blue Lagoon Island and Nassau.

We did this in 2016 so things may have changed since then. I can't remember how much it cost exactly, but I think it was around $150 for a digital package. It came on a USB drive and I think we picked 5 pictures that the staff took. Along with the pictures that we picked there were other things included on the USB drive. There was a video of our interactions with the dolphins. The video included the whole group, so it was my family plus the other random people there that day. I didn't find that to be too annoying, I just fast forward past the people I don't know. There was also 50-60 stock photos of Blue Lagoon Island and Nassau.
Hmm…if I can choose any five pics so that I can get me and my kids all in the same package that’s actually quite reasonable. If it’s $150 each, that’s gonna be a pass. 😂

We had a dolphin experience (don’t remember the exact title; it was the push and lift activity). About a dozen years ago. I have some photos - one in a folder and a few small ones in lucite / fridge magnets. I don’t usually buy souvenir photos; this probably wasn’t extremely expensive then.

Here’s photo info from a web page. It doesn’t list prices. But note that a person who does the Encounter level can take photos. Possibly cheaper than buying photos?

Our photos are of us in the water, wearing life jackets, not like the family shown below.

When searching their pages, you have the option to order photos after the fact; it takes off the pressure of instant decision.

IMG_0065.jpeg

Good to know! Yeah, I feel the same. I’d like at least one good picture of each of us and as long as it’s not something crazy like $100 per person, I’m willing to pay for it. Do we have the option to decide at the end once we see the pictures?

Yes, after the interaction we went to the gift shop and viewed all the photos. At that point I could buy a package or individual photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts