Bag search??s Fannypack vs. Cargo Pants

kaybird

DIS Veteran
We have traditionally taken small backpacks or fannypacks to the parks, at Christmas we tried to become less bag oriented to avoid the bag search. This trip (next week, yay) I bought cargo shorts for DH and found cargo style capris for me (really? how odd!). With the recent increase in security, has anyone had to stop yet for pocket checks? Don't mind looking wider with pockets, but if we'll have to stop anyway, just as well take a bag.

thanks-k

Good idea. I'm curious to what others have to say about their experiences lately. I, as well, would love to go bagless to avoid those security lines.

momandseandodisney said:
Is a purse stilll a bag? I just bring my tinkerbell purse and my camera with me.
what line do i fit in? :confused3

Unfortunately you should be going through the security check line.

I've done the cargo pants/shorts thing and never had to stop for an inspection!

I was there just last week, to me the bag search is nothing big - the real lines were longer at the ticket turnstiles.

I also discovered the cargo pants idea last trip. It never occurred to me until I was trying to figure out how to dump the fanny pack.

I had 1 paid of capri's with the cargo pockets and have looked all this summer to find more, without luck. For me the pocket has to sit down near my calf not at the knee.

Anyway, my DS and DH both had cargo's also.

We had no issue with security at all.

We found the autograph books fit in DS's along with his cell phone & digi camera. DH carried a couple of disposable ponchos and the film/mini dvd's for our cameras, mine held the Crystal light packets, lip stick & goo, cigarettes, credit card, id & room key/park tickets. I carried my good camera and DS carried the video camera.

This made for easy entry and no worries about leaving something behind.

I don't know why but when I accedently hit the button twice th 40 secend rule didin"t come up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter