Bad rental car experience

Thediskids

Earning My Ears
Just want to share what a horrible experience I had with National. I proceeded to the counter at National waited about 4 people ahead went to the lady at the counter who said my rental was with Alamo. Now I know I booked National she said it was an Alamo car and nothing she could do, no manager on duty etc. So then lugged all the luggage with 2 small children in tow to Alamo line about 30 people deep. My husband stayed in line while I called the 800 # to National the operator confirmed I had a National car as I already knew, so then I went back to the National line. The other "rude" person there checked again and sure enough there I was a National rental car. I at this point was so overcome with anger that they had me wait in 3 separate lines. She said no mgr on duty was as rude as could be and then charged me an additional 20 dollars over my original quote. I tried calling the direct # to that location to complain during the week without any success so I will write a letter to corporate and go back to Dollar even if it is slightly more money. As I found out customer service is not in their favor.

Sorry that happened to you at the start of vacation! I suggest calling National customer service and explaining the situation calmly and without any emotion etc. (I know that we can all get upset when dealing with such situations)

I had a recent poor rental experience with National at MCO, and was also overcharged. Customer service went well above and beyond, and I received a credit far above my expectations.

Give them a chance to prove themselves and you may be pleasantly surprised. Best of luck!

Thank you. I will try that route again. It just seemed like the over the phone customer service people had no power and had no higher ups to connect me too.

That's awful. I would be angry too. We are using National in a couple of weeks and I hope everything goes smoothly. What was the extra $20 charge for? I hope you get this resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.

Did you have a print out of your reservation? Did you reserve on line? I always bring the copy with me. To prove which company I had booked with and the price quoted me.

We had absolutely no problems using L&M Car Rental, I heard of them through unofficial guide to disney. Anyhow, they allow second driver free (i think you have to be married), which is worth $50 easy for 1 week.

Also if you bring proof of insurance, then you can decline all relevant insurances and save more money.

In fact, they priced the cheapest when we took our holiday in february, and they are right in the airport at orlando.

I definitely recommend them, and they have website. They are local in florida I believe, a smaller agency.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Stories like this make me so happy I am an Emerald Club member. The process is so easy and simple.

Join free with the link through www.mousesavers.com (Turner Travel).

Duds

dudspizza said:
Sorry you had a bad experience. Stories like this make me so happy I am an Emerald Club member. The process is so easy and simple.

Join free with the link through www.mousesavers.com (Turner Travel).

Duds
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. That is certainly not the way you want to start your vacation. I hope you have some success with their customer service folks about your experience.

I second dudspizza's comments about becoming an Emerald Club member. Thanks to this board and mousesavers.com we took advantage of the free sign-up for the Emerald Club just a day or so before our trip, reserved a full-size car online and had a quick and smooth experience with National. I couldn't believe how easy it was. We just walked over from baggage claim, walked down the full-size aisle, picked out a car, loaded our luggage into it and we were on our way. No lines to wait in and we enjoyed being able to choose which car we wanted.

So if you haven't already given up on National, consider signing up for the Emerald Club. Be sure to do it via the link on mousesavers.com since otherwise there is a $50 signup fee.

Good luck in your dealings with National's customer service. I sure hope they do right by you.

I am a Emerald Club card holder and I've given up on using National. Very poor customer service.

I finally called today to complain. Customer service was very apologetic and credited me 50 dollars back to credit card but it takes 2-3 cycles to catch up. I just feel like that 2nd rep at the counter had the chance to redeem the company then, but instead had a bigger attitude. Thanks for all your comments I am going right to the Emerald club thing just in case I do use them again. I am satisfied that cust. svc listened and I never had a rude phone rep. So I will price for November and just go with the cheapest company, and hope for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter