Bad accident on I-4 and 528 (Beeline)..update

That is one horrible accident! Prayers for the two who were killed but it looks like a miracle that more weren't killed.

Clips from the scene have been on CNN Headline News all day. It looks nasty. And at last report I-4 was still closed! :earseek:

Does anyone know exactly where this is and if it is the ramp that takes you from the bee line to I-4? We will be going from MCO to OKW next week and it will be about midnight. We have never driven that route at night and you know how different things look at night. We'll get lost for sure if we are detoured.

It is indeed the ramp from 528 to I-4. The ramp will be closed for at least the next 45 days (I would expect 2 months). Traffic is being detoured via International Drive. You shouldn't have too much trouble, because it's well lit, and signs should be pretty explicit.

If you don't want to rely on that, then take this route:
Bee-Line exit to I-Drive South, Right after Seaworld onto Central FL Pkwy, straight ahead on CFP will take you directly to I-4 about 1/2 mile south of the damaged ramp.

We'll start studying maps for other routes including the one you gave. Sure am glad we caught this post. Getting lost is the last thing I want to do at midnight. Thanks again.

Haven't used the bee-line in years. We usually just take the south exit of the airport to the other toll road (greenway?). It heads straigt to wdw near the intersections of 4, 535, 536, 192 etc. Signs are fine. NEVER any traffic.

downside = 2$ toll. But i assume its worth it since thats how all the mears-mobils go.

I looked at several maps today and saw what you are talking about. That looks like a good route too. Any route that heads towards WDW is fine. I just get scared that we will be half way to Tampa or Miami before we realize where we are. DH does not do well when we miss an exit. Talk about stress. I saw 536 that leads almost right past OKW. As long as we get to WDW property, you are right, the signs are great! Thanks again for taking time to help!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter