"Back-to-School" Challenge--everyone welcome!

AHHHH...still at the lousy 2! Last week my brother and his kids were visiting from new brunswick and we ate out and had birthday cake and treats all week so I am still sitting at 2 down. I swam monday night for the first time in almost 3 weeks and it about killed me. My swim coach says that after 4-5 days outta the water you lose it....hows 2 1/2 weeks. and I was in a lane with a triathlete who was soooo fast...and tanned and in incredible shape it was sickening. She lapped me 3 times in our hour swim and I thought I was gonna have a heart attack...when I got outta the pool my face was beet red! Sad really you would think that would inspire me to go full guns and not come home to coffee and an oreo...what is my problem.!! :rolleyes1
O.k I must need to get my ww info out and get back to counting points.
Help!!
Denise

Well I lost again but it wasn't a very big loss, only .4 but at least I lost and it is my TOM soo I guess I can't complain too much. I only have 1.8 more to lose to get to -10. That is my goal for next week. I am sitting at 194 even right now. 8.2 total lost since I started on June 7.

Congrats to all those that have lost and hugs to those that haven't. Hang in there, we will make it!! Thanks to all for your continued support.
Have a Disney Day, Renee

I'm getting a little frustrated. I held steady the first week, then lost only 0.4 lbs this week, so I don't even have a pound loss to report yet! But I won't give up yet...although at this rate I don't think I'll make my goal of 18 lbs. The heat and humidity are slowing me down, I think. I must try to get to the (air-conditioned) gym soon.

UrsulasShadow said:
I'm getting a little frustrated. I held steady the first week, then lost only 0.4 lbs this week, so I don't even have a pound loss to report yet! But I won't give up yet...although at this rate I don't think I'll make my goal of 18 lbs. The heat and humidity are slowing me down, I think. I must try to get to the (air-conditioned) gym soon.

We're twins this week! I issue you a personal challenge. I want to lose the 1.8 lbs. it'll take me to get down to 10 lbs. lost - Try to top that!! I intend to make this happen by drinking extra water AND getting on the exercise bike 5x 20 minutes by next Wed. Do you accept this little challenge??

hey everyone!!! I have been having some problems with my blood pressure so I havent been posting much....I have to go have a echocardiogram done this morning..wish me luck!!!

I'm down another 2.5 pounds this week! So 5 in total!!! The first two weeks I always seem to lose quickly - probably just water, so it is going to get harder here on in.

Congrats to all the losers here and keep up the great work. There are still over 7 weeks to go (and only 10 weeks until I go to WDW)!

Amy

Naisy68 said:
We're twins this week! I issue you a personal challenge. I want to lose the 1.8 lbs. it'll take me to get down to 10 lbs. lost - Try to top that!! I intend to make this happen by drinking extra water AND getting on the exercise bike 5x 20 minutes by next Wed. Do you accept this little challenge??
I accept your challenge! I want to break 180 SO bad, so I'll go to the gym on both my days off for at least an hour and 20 minutes, drink 2 extra bottles of water each day, and take a short walk after dinner on my work days. That ought to kick start the metabolism!

Today was WI day. The good news is that I've lost 1.5 pounds this week. However, the bad news is that over the Fourth, with all the family in, I'd gained 2 pounds. So I'm still 0.5 pounds ABOVE my start weight of 155. But I'll keep working-I keep thinking it'll be so much easier to hustle myself to Soarin' from IG in the morning if I weigh less and get in better cardio shape.

Hi all!! :wave2:

Well, I weighed in after signing up last week and was at 184!!! :eek: But...I weighed in at night, after a day of eating junky salty foods, and AF showed up the next day (sorry tmi)!

So, this morning I weighed in at 178.8! 5.2lbs!!! But I think I'm going to post my "starting" weight as 180, because I know most of that loss was water.

So, I guess my stats are 1.2/10

Still not bad! :cheer2:

I am -2.4 for this week. I ate horribly today so I am going to have to be good this week!!

StitchIsOurHero said:
Hi everyone!!!

I'm so glad to see all of our newcomers. . .it is NEVER too late! I will go through and add everyone to the first post tomorrow. I have to work in the morning, and we went to Pirates tonight, so I am a little behind!! Welcome, though--I'm so excited to have all of our challengers!

QUOTE]

So glad it's not too late. I just found this thread after starting So Beach diet 5 days ago. My main goal is 55 lbs down by Christmas. 23 weeks away, I guess I have 7 weeks left of this challenge, which makes it about 18 lbs by Labor Day. I weighed in this AM and was down 5 lbs, so I guess 13 to go.
Please count me in as 0/13.
Good Luck to all.

ARGGGH! Vacations have a horrible way of ruining a weight-loss program. We spent 7 days at Disneyland last week, which translated to no vigorous exercise and less-than-stellar eating habits. I'm up 1.2 lbs. over my last weigh in and lets just say that I'm not happy about it. It feels good to be home again and able to workout on the elliptical trainer. And now to get back to lean cuts of meat, healthy salads and plenty of water...

Just finishing up week one of being back on a Modified Atkins/So. Beach Diet. I say it is modified because it is basically low carb but lower fat than a true Atkins diet but doesn't require as much preparation as So. Beach. I am doing this because I have 2 conflicting things- Insulin Resistance needing Low Carbs and Borderline High Cholesterol needing Low Fat.
I am planning on losing 40-50 lbs. total so put me down for 21 lbs. by the end of this challenge.

Will weigh in tomorrow? So will give you the update then.

WOO HOO !!! I'm really loving the South Beach Diet! :cheer2:
I'm down 2 lbs since yesterday! I know the losses will slack off once I get to phase 2, the less restrictive part, but this is sure great motivation! :banana:

wow everyone is doing FANTASTIC and welcome to all our newbies to this fall challenge! i'm still siked :teeth: i have done well the past 3 of 4 days -- of course i'm tracking my food for an appt with a dietician tomorow and do you think that has anything to do with it? UH-HUH! :rolleyes1 there is something about knowing i have to write it down for someone else to critique -- i should be like this EVERYDAY! last friday wasn't so good, including my second stop at Graeter's ice cream that week and normally i go about twice a year! well as much as i can :teeth:

i didn't get my long walk in this weekend, i told myself i would tonight but it's still like 90 degrees here -- too hot! i'll plan on at least 4 miles on the TM tomorrow at the FC before my dietician appt. instead if it doesn't cool down before i collapse tonight :faint:

WI for me on tuesday............

When I got up yesterday morning I was down 6lbs. when I weighed in. :cheer2: Got up this morning for "official" weigh in and I gained back 4 lbs. overnight. :confused3 Must have been the Chinese food making me retain water because it usually is pretty salty. But I talked to my husband and he said we are using Saturdays weights that he thinks Saturday is better for weigh in. So put me down for 6/21. :banana:

Keep up the good work everyone :)
I'm still maintaining..... hopefully I'll have a good loss this week!

Do you weigh in everyday, or once a week?
Right now I'm on phase 1 of So Beach and am losing pretty rapidly, so I've been weighing everyday, but should I do it once a week instead? I really am so happy when I see the scale move slightly less each morning; and can't wait to post my number next to my little Pinnochio, is that totally full of myself or what?

By the way 1 more pound.....Gone! :cheer2:
Hope eveyone has a Good Day Today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter